Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betabox

Duke Nukem 3D's Enforcer

Is it true the guy occasionally stops attacking you to take a shit?

Source: The Duke Nukem Wiki.

I believe that the enforcers (as well as some other enemies) have a random chance of shitting themselves whenever you kill them, but im not sure exactly how it works. If you step in the feces, duke nukem says "shit happens".

I'm pretty sure there is no enemy that just walks around and shits itself on the spot though.

I only know that they shit. I don't know when. But the enforcer do sometimes stop for a second and tilt his head IIRC:

I always thought they were ducking down to take a dump on the floor.

Never occurred to me that it only happened when they died and the ducking was the spit attack.

Whenever they ducked, it would almost always be to spit slime towards me. Otherwise, he would duck for a bit, then grunt and not leave anything visible behind. If that's supposed to be him taking a shit, how does one conclude that?

In Hollywood Holocoust there's a Lizard Trooper taking a dump in the thatre, but I've never seen Enforcer's take shits before. Well, maybe they're the ones responsible for the Duke Burger mess, but then agian that was probably the dog.

I've seen them duck down to shit before. You have to be really far away, but I've seen it happen.

I think the War of Attrition mod makes the shitting slightly more common - it seems every 1 in 3 battles I have with enforcers end with at least one pile of shit on the floor somewhere.

Quoted from the Duke Nukem wiki.

"It is equipped with a deadly chaingun cannon, which is either worn over its right arm or, more likely, replaces it. Its spit is also very harmful to humans, making it a dangerous opponent. However, it will stop attacking on occasion to defecate, a distraction which the player may use to their advantage."

Reference:
http://dukenukem.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Enforcer_(DN3D)

If it does shit here and there, I have never, ever noticed such a thing. Then again I don't play it very often.

Come to think of it, I've seen some piles of shit laying around in some levels of Total Meltdown PSX, but having not paid attention, I can't be sure if they're associated to Enforcers at the time... and this is further aggrevated by the Duke Burger level (I think that's the one) on PC where the Scooby Doo dog room has shit all over.

EDIT: Alright, I've confirmed it, though only partially (since I didn't see what kind of animation unfolds as the enforcer lays the smackdown, not that I'd really want to).

Put god mode on and kept the game going as an enforcer was attacking me; switched to browser. 5 minutes later, I switch back and there's a pile of poop on the ground. And he drops it when he dies, too. Walk over it for Duke's previously mentioned line and it turns into a wonderful puddle of brown.

100% fact that they shit randomly. Even in vanilla DN3D. You can step on it and Duke makes some comment of dismay and leaves shitty footprints.

I think the War of Attrition mod makes the shitting slightly more common - it seems every 1 in 3 battles I have with enforcers end with at least one pile of shit on the floor somewhere.

I just want to say that this mod is awesome, random maps + weapon XP system + DukePlus = win. It breathes a lot of life in DN3D for me and I highly recommend it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-attrition

kristus said:

I've never noticed the enforcers spitting at me though.

They spit a green/grey goo that makes your screen change color/you can see the spit slide down the screen. This is a pretty common occurrence, do you not play much DN3D or have you just been unlucky (or lucky depending on how you look at it).

The Enforcers in DN3D did indeed stop to have a dump occaissionally. You can tread in it and get Duke to say "Shit happens..." - it even makes him leave brown footprints, just like stepping into corpses leaves red footprints for a little.

xvertigox said:

100% fact that they shit randomly. Even in vanilla DN3D. You can step on it and Duke makes some comment of dismay and leaves shitty footprints.

Wow how weird, I have never seen them do this. The spit attack, sure, but never pooping. I know it certainly doesn't happen in any of the ports.

Lol and I thought that Postal 2 had enough toilet humor.

I was terrified of all the bosses in Duke (usually because they shot chains of exploding bouncing projectiles, 1-2 of which could kill you) so I always just spammed them with the biggest weapon I had from long range. Therefore I can hardly even remember their 'normal' attacks!

In fact most of my memories of that game beyond the first levels of the episodes are incoherent bugginess. But we were using the PSX version and usually that thing that was like an Action Replay but wasn't.

Use3D said:

Wow how weird, I have never seen them do this. The spit attack, sure, but never pooping. I know it certainly doesn't happen in any of the ports.

I remember the first time I saw it. I cracked up shortly after word at Duke being somewhat disgusted at stepping in it.

There always were the random monsters you'd find already on the toilet taking a shit. You open the door on them, they stare at you for a few seconds, then they get up and attack.

And the enforcers definitely took shits, though I don't recall if it was them squatting on the battlefield to lay a juicy one out or if it was just a terrifying spurt right at the moment of death.

We may never know

Danarchy said:

Huh, I can't believe all of you never noticed that before.

The occurrence has still yet to happen to me.

deathbringer said:

But we were using the PSX version and usually that thing that was like an Action Replay but wasn't.

What do you mean, it was like an Action Replay?

Anyway, slightly off-topic, Duke Nukem Total Meltdown seemed much harder than the PC original.

It was called eXploder actually. It was fun on some games (doom with "sped up weapons", the PSX plasma gun with double firing rate sounded brilliant) but on a lot of games it just made them go crazy*. Duke 3D especially, you'd be running around and would suddenly get gibbed as if you'd fallen from a great height.

I ought to dig the game up and play it properly, I suppose!

*-One interesting one was Lifeforce Tenka, selecting certain weapons would make all of the "panels" of the weapon fly around randomly, selecting other weapons (that worked) would make the "panels" re-form randomly. This sometimes produced cool-looking guns, I have a load of pictures I drew of them. One looked like a small pistol with tiger stripes on, another was like a huge magazine-fed shotgun.