Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spazman

Help needed for DoomRPG Development team!

BiFrost games (Me and DoomHero85 and ArmouredBlood) nee help with the further development of the DoomRPG game! Seriously, we need all the help we can get!

We need:

-Spriters
-People to make sounds for the game
-People to make original music for the game
-And we need help from anyone who has any knowledge of how to use RPG Maker 2003. Hopefully there's at least one person who can help with that.
-If there's any other positions, we'll fill you in! But for right now, we need a good crew to help us work on this game!

If any help could be given as to help us make this thing, it would be very much appreciated. I'll be on most of the time, so even if i'm not, PM me, or post on this forum! Thanks everyone in advance!

Yes, and I suppose you know that they also made a Doom FPS but that hasn't stopped people from creating one of their own.

I've worked with RPG Maker 2k3 so I could probably help a bit. It seems like you need a full team, who do you actually have already?

Snakes said:

Yes, and I suppose you know that they also made a Doom FPS but that hasn't stopped people from creating one of their own.

Hey, isn't Snakes that guy from Home Alone that gets killed?

Hmmm..I would like to write some music for you, however I've never been able to get my favorite midi program (sonar) working on my laptop, and my desktop is four hours away at the moment. If you still need music in october, though, I'll check back :D

Our whole team so far consists of:

Me, who does some of the scripting and such
DoomHero85, Who was making some of the maps and tilesets

and

ArmouredBlood, Who DoomHero85 recruited, but I'm not very sure what he does at the moment, plus he's on vacation for a few weeks.

Thanks, vertigo. We need all the help we can get with the program itself. Since it's new to the team, we're still trying to get used to it.

Is there any chance you may want to do some sprite-work as far as animating the characters?

And magicsofa, I know of a downloadable program online called MidiPiano, which turns your keyboard into a midi-synth. Is there any way you could try making midis on that? Also, thanks for the help with the music, this project may take time past October, anyway...

TheSpazztikOne, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Hi Guys,

We're working hard at figuring out RM2k3, we literally dl'ed it just yesterday. As soon as I and TheSpazztikone figure out what we're doing, we'll post some shots. If anyone has any tips on making tilesets, i'd greatly appreciate it. Plus, I'll also be doing some of the scripting for this.

fraggle said:

[newproject]

LOL, although the thread did need a link to the demo, I think you can tell by the fact that people are volunteering to help that this is legit

TheSpazztikOne said:

Well, actually Fraggle, I've been keeping many tabs on the game, and there are several threads on here that are exclusive to Doom RPG.

Thanks, although a suggestion for you: as a rule of thumb, don't ever use BMP files on the web. It's an incredibly inefficient format and doesn't include any compression at all.

Mr. Freeze said:

I'll donate my DTWID soundtrack to you guys if you're interested.

Wait, you're giving up on DTWID?

Thanks to thwe both of you, Fraggle and Freeze. i'll take the BMP into mind, because truthfully, i didn't realize the difference between bmp and png. also, thanks freeze for the use of the DTWID soundtrack.

hopefully when this is all done, it'll get posted on /newstuff as a good game. less likely to get a cacoward, tho. i guess it has to be wad-related for that one...

Marnetmar said:

Wait, you're giving up on DTWID?

Uh...nope. Just looking for additional uses for it.

I worked on a doomworld forums rpg once...

Honestly though, if you're using rpg2003 just for the sideways battle mode there's a mod for the latest rpg maker that has a much better battle mode. Just do some googling.