Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

FINALLY, HI RES TEXTURES IN DOOM.

i have been babling about this shit for ever! it pisses me off that someone is just now thinking about doing that shit. i would have done that from the verry begining, but since i dont know code ( very little vb ) there is nothing that i can do. i highly support highres.

hi all. i dont know much but wouldnt having high resolution hinder the performance of my computer. i have intel 90mhz computer with 8 mb ram. i wonder if it would even be possible on my computer. thanx~

hi all. i dont know much but wouldnt having high resolution hinder the performance of my computer. i have intel 90mhz computer with 8 mb ram. i wonder if it would even be possible on my computer. thanx~

Only about your computer:

Shop for memory. 8 mb is a joke.
Try to get a cpu with a higher clock. Your computer most likley has a motherboard that can take a p200 with no mmx as maximum. Those you can get on ebay for an apple and an egg ($10-$15). Check the brand and type of your board and download a datasheet with jumper-settings from the internet. If you think you cannot make it by yourself, ask someone who has knowledge on motherboards. If you are unsure, ask someone.

Maybe ask one of the members here who like to play with old hardware. Maybe someone here gives you the needed parts and assistance almost for free? Ask for it.

Or buy a computer from Kat, she will built you the computer that fits at a good price.

Personally I am on a Mac.... (whistles)

This man is a legend.

When I upgrade my computer to something that doesn't suck 1997 balls ever since 1998, I am planning on getting a GL port with MD2s and the Hi-Res textures. Now if only JDooM added mp3 in wad support....