Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Rebecca Black - My Moment

printz said:

Actually the bad comments seem to have disappeared. Sigh.

Nope. The bad ones are still there. Most of the people bothering to comment either seem to like her or are astroturfing, but there are plenty of flames and random attempts at insults among them.

Based on magicsofa's vid, she probably has figured out it doesn't matter if she's the joke of the web; she's going to make a shitload of money and that's excellent for her. She also appears to sing better than I expected. Too bad she doesn't sing anything worth listening to.

printz said:

Better artist? Maybe only commercially. Get over it, there's simply no room of comparison here.

Musical subculture? Lol.

Nah, he's right.

To be fair, you can't really compare the two genres at all considering they're as similar as night and day.

How about some better pop, then?

The army of producers panic as she sings the first note, the studio is now at defcon 5.

Liam said:

rebecca black is still a better artist than children of bodom or finntroll.

I may get it all wrong but turn off that radio and chose which song you prefeer to play doom to, welcome to the origins, and hell NO rebecka black wouldnt come close to either finntroll or COB, theres no comparison. think about it, cus from the roots this is hell deep

thats my current point of view including the spot of were Ive grown up from, got mugged/knuckled in school over and over for years because I was half hungarian, funny pop culture people have with mr and mrs perfect tiaras, u know, fuck them

Danarchy said:

To be fair, you can't really compare the two genres at all considering they're as similar as night and day.

How about some better pop, then?

I can buy that, I ask: whos fault is that the evolution of this genre is getting more and more a blimp of utter shit?

D_GARG said:

funny pop culture people have with mr and mrs perfect tiaras, u know, fuck them

???

Liam said: or maybe it is, if only because the virulent spread of tween pop throughout the tubes has awakened some kind of hysterical inferiority complex in metalheads internet-wide. namedropping shit metal bands everywhere this discussion arises in the desperate hope that there finally exists a musical subculture less respectable than theirs. but knowing, deep in their hearts, that despite her dubious "talent" and intolerable chirpiness rebecca black is still a better artist than children of bodom or finntroll.

So true, so true. All it takes is one non-metal youtube video to watch them crawl out of the wood work.

Anyway, I've got no ill will towards this girl. She released a video that was literally a joke onto the internet that she did for fun, it got popular because it was so stupid, and now she can potential make some serious dough and actually do what she likes. I can't hate somebody because of that, no matter how bad the actual music they're making is.

Ralphis said:

So true, so true. All it takes is one non-metal youtube video to watch them crawl out of the wood work.

same thing the other way around with pop-heads

All it takes is one non-pop song to make them smolder in inspiration or rage :D

It's mostly people who keep posting about how terrible these modern artists are who are actually doing the most advertising for them. Not talking about here specifically, but in general.

Liam said:

children of bodom or finntroll.

To be fair children of bodom and finntroll are basically the Rebecca Blacks of metal. :)

While I definitely agree throwing metal bands around to people who may be watching this clown attempt to sing is never going to convince anyone that somehow genre x is better than genre y, she certainly is in NO way a 'better artist'. Her parents have a big checkbook. Having money and exposure doesn't equate to artistic merit, and I use the term very, very loosely.

It's just another fad that will soon be forgotten, like the Hanson shit I posted. Not worth overanalyzing...

Fuck Rebecca Black, and not in the good way either. It's obvious she's trying to get attention of record labels so she can produce even more generic pop music that the mainstream market is already saturated with.

just remix brittney spears, with a fat slob as singer
large difference, but just as bad piece of shit

Forcing uber-awesome metal stuff into thread about pop song will unfortunately not grant a win of an argument.

Admittedly, it IS better than Friday... Still crap though. Seriously, if everyone hated your guts the first time, why try again? Just sink into the dark depths of civilization and never be heard from again.

I saw a comment in the brief moment before it went to the next page that said that Bieber and Rebecca should have a child that would kill people with its voice. Pretty accurate...

j4rio said:

Forcing uber-awesome metal stuff into thread about pop song will unfortunately not grant a win of an argument.

True, but if it is therapeutic for the post author to do so, then so be it.

I'myourtarget said:

Seriously, if everyone hated your guts the first time, why try again? Just sink into the dark depths of civilization and never be heard from again.

Sure! Might was well slit your wrists too, since nobody ever gets better than their first attempt(s) at anything.

Aliotroph? said:

Sure! Might was well slit your wrists too, since nobody ever gets better than their first attempt(s) at anything.

Not quite what he was saying.

To go onto the internet after receiving such much hatred a second time doing the same thing with slightely better written music is just stupid. Its flamebait of its purest form.

I dunno, I had a listen to this, and I think it shows the problems with Friday were the material itself.

This shows that, given decent material, Rebecca can actually sing pretty well. She just needs more decent material tossed her way.

DoomCup said:

This shows that, given decent material, Rebecca can actually sing pretty well. She just needs more decent material tossed her way.

I don't find anything particularly special about her voice. She can hit the correct notes* but she sounds bland just like every other bubblegum pop singer.

*But then I have no tonal memory, so wtf do I know.

Yeah, her music sucks, but I honestly don't care enough to hate her for it. There are more annoying "musicians" out there who are writing even worse music and making parodies out of genres that actually used to be good, those are whom I reserve my hatred for. Modern pop already seems like a joke to me so this really isn't anything new.

Mr. T said:

Not for another 1430 days

By which time she'll of faded into obscurity and the music world will be getting trolled by some other gimmicky YouTube phenomenon.

Recepie to actually shake off the hatred:

1. Write something with meaning and not some shelf upblown shit, some pop songs can I ejoy because the lyrics are about something that MEANS SOMETHING something Thats Not Just A Piece Of Obvious Nonsense (about some 14 yr old party girl everyone knows that most of them were born with a dick in their left hand so whats the deal?).

2. USE MUSICAL TALENT, a voice is very little of musical talent but it is vital, but not so vital that you can skip the instrumental and melodical part most of the shit I hear/see on radio/TV is so simple that all you need is maximum 2 hours and then you have a song that spreads around the globe during a week. and please listen through the song some 20 times before releasing it, her new song is better than her first but its still bad.

3. choose your target. Do Not hit the radio station the first thing you do, no wonder why these kids who listen to this shit makes the pop crap go on since they and their parents are totaly whacko after the everyday radio brainwash since the 80's-2000's its all just unbeliveble and there's no doubt that this all is polotically engineerd since many of them has big intrest in this industry.

enough for now.

yellowmadness54 said:

Not quite what he was saying.

To go onto the internet after receiving such much hatred a second time doing the same thing with slightely better written music is just stupid. Its flamebait of its purest form.

This. I'm just saying that if your first run was that terrible, then you need to do a LOT of improvement before you can redeem yourself.

As i said, it's still better than Friday... but it still sucks.

I am, however, open to the idea that maybe we're all biased because we all hated Friday so much. If this was her first song, I think maybe our reaction would be more "meh, not good" than "OMG SHUT UP STOP SINGING YOU SUCK"