Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Rebecca Black - My Moment

Considering the fact that I've submitted maps that people said "ABSOLUTE SHIT" to, and then said damn I better try harder, and my mapping improved greatly....she's on the right track :D

She doesn't need to redeem herself. Despite publishing a mediocre performance of an awful song, she has loads of fans and a pile of cash. She doesn't care what you think, just like all the metal bands half the people here listen to don't care what I think about their awful music. If she was a complete failure she would probably be trying something different, but even then nothing says she has to.

And in response to D_GARG:

1. Lots of us listen to songs of little or no meaning. Pop songs aren't known for having a lot of meaning. It's not their thing.

2. She used the talent available to her: a company that wrote a catchy song. It sucks, but it stuck in everyone's head and they bought more of it. She can't write her own music and neither can most singers.

3. What? That became gibberish pretty quickly.

Aliotroph? said:

She doesn't need

2. She used the talent available to her: a company that wrote a catchy song. It sucks, but it stuck in everyone's head and they bought more of it. She can't write her own music and neither can most singers.

3. What? That became gibberish pretty quickly.

thats sad, that company actually can hrie just anyone who has the atribute of not totaly crappy voice and hers was ok in their opinion, but the company isnt a talent, its an overall driving factor of overall sound rape.

and it is most utterly an political intrest to gain power over people, some decades ago there was obvious propaganda but now its an early age encuraging to party and consume more and especially alcohol and Thats Obvious in most pop lyrics and music videos, because as long as you distract the people you can pretty much to whatever you want if youre in power, because that tiny glitt thats left to critisize becomes either drowned/forgotten or explained as wierdos who belives in aliens on the moon etc its all about psychology and the dudes behind the control panel dont give a single flying fuck

I don't get why so many people hate this song. It's not as bad as some. Friday is worse, and so is Prom Night. The worst song I've ever heard is Justin Bieber's "Baby". His voice is so bland and terrible!

And why does he dress like a gangster? He is not a gangster, he is a wimp, his music hurts my ears, and I hate him! >:(

If crap like him keeps getting popular, imagine what music will be like in 20 years. Just thinking about it gives me chills! :O

D_GARG said:

thats sad, that company actually can hrie just anyone who has the atribute of not totaly crappy voice and hers was ok in their opinion, but the company isnt a talent, its an overall driving factor of overall sound rape.

The music industry has been doing that for decades. It's just pop songs that were industry made weren't complete garbage.

├╝nfortunately everything these industries do is garbage, the only good people who reach out through the industry is people with done plan of projects of their own, which of too many of these people with this way to go is in pop style themselfes, hitting the same shithole as the inside industry failheads

D_GARG said:

hahaha what. the producers and songwriters responsible for blockbuster pop music "aren't talents"? this girl is owed no credit for her singing, dancing, and performance? here's a news flash: rebecca black is not an "industry-made" pop star in the way you're thinking. i didn't even know this at first, but the "friday" video was apparently produced for 4 whole fucking grand by the recording equivalent of a vanity press. the success and exposure she currently enjoys is at least in part because of people spreading her song around as the "worst in the world" just because the bitch can't play a malmsteen solo.

and it is most utterly an political intrest to gain power over people, some decades ago there was obvious propaganda but now its an early age encuraging to party and consume more and especially alcohol and Thats Obvious in most pop lyrics and music videos, because as long as you distract the people you can pretty much to whatever you want if youre in power, because that tiny glitt thats left to critisize becomes either drowned/forgotten or explained as wierdos who belives in aliens on the moon etc its all about psychology and the dudes behind the control panel dont give a single flying fuck

Celebrity worship: the dumbing down of american culture. It's just another facet of the constant appeal to emotion that pervades every media, be it print, radio, television, and now Internet.

Liam said:

hahaha what. the producers and songwriters responsible for blockbuster pop music "aren't talents"? this girl is owed no credit for her singing, dancing, and performance? here's a news flash: rebecca black is not an "industry-made" pop star in the way you're thinking. i didn't even know this at first, but the "friday" video was apparently produced for 4 whole fucking grand by the recording equivalent of a vanity press. the success and exposure she currently enjoys is at least in part because of people spreading her song around as the "worst in the world" just because the bitch can't play a malmsteen solo.

the writers may be talented, the entire company may be talented , but none of them Are a talent, you cant be a talent, only have one (or more).

4 grand? shit that was an expensive ticket for fame ... in the negative way.

If rebecka black was an "industrialy-made" pop-star, I would start crying, cus then god knows what the hell they're gonna come up with next.

I guess she finds her entire situation amusing, since she made a new song, however, that doesnt mean that the ods is on her side to make people forget friday and start to like her with her new less anoying and shitty music

of course she will stand strong and dont give up and keep making new songs with no message but which may be somehow more possible to enjoy, But as a jump kick she writes a song about .. what I just said this last line...

Common, Make Something Worth Listening To, Master Of The Obvious

This whole thread is useless.
This kind of accidental stardom is nothing new. In my day, it was William Hung. Every decade has one.

Bucket said:

This whole thread is useless.
This kind of accidental stardom is nothing new. In my day, it was William Hung. Every decade has one.

Pfffft. REAL men remember Numa-Numa Guy.

well we are talking about a really useless music here and thats the standard for this thread, or have we missed something?

I remeber numa-numa guy

Christ... I hate being such an ass about her because it's obvious she doesn't MEAN to suck and it seems she's trying... but... each time I look at the picture Liam posted I feel like it deserves a derp caption.

I've never even heard the Friday song. What a pricing structure this girl has... pays money to make a music video, releases it for free on Youtube, gets 6 million hits... but doesn't sell the song.

culture is not to be sold from now, since theres the indestructible option of download and view from PC/MAC

buying is for those who find so large value in something, that they want to contribute to the creators to let them keep creating hopefully just as good creations as the one that you bought

which, Im one of them, buying Pink Floyd

geo said:

I've never even heard the Friday song. What a pricing structure this girl has... pays money to make a music video, releases it for free on Youtube, gets 6 million hits... but doesn't sell the song.

You can make a lot of ca$h from Youtube only :-)

160 million+ hits on Friday = Money Money Money

I know that sometimes you can strike a deal with Youtube where you make 10% off ads clicked on your tube page. But 1 person in 1,000 clicks an ad. Let's say the average ad is worth 25 cents to youtube. It could be $5 it could be 1 cent. 10% of 25 cents is 2.5 cents. 6 million video plays at 1 click per 1,000 is 6,000 * 2.5 = $15,000... BUTTTTTTTT

If its played out of youtube there is no ad to click on. I still have great difficulty believing any free video service can ever make money even off commercials. They're designed to lose money. There was an article a few years ago about how many millions of dollars youtube loses.

Youtube turned it's first profit last year. There are enough "pro" Youtubers (daneboe aka Annoying Orange comes to mind) that it seems people can make enough money to sustain Youtube being their main job.

wll thats funny, no one reads the ads just clicks them down and wile they wait the howl about how fucking annoying the ads are.

its doomed to fail, only some old coal heads would bait it

unless the product/offer is really intresting, which none is

geo said:

I know that sometimes you can strike a deal with Youtube where you make 10% off ads clicked on your tube page. But 1 person in 1,000 clicks an ad. Let's say the average ad is worth 25 cents to youtube. It could be $5 it could be 1 cent. 10% of 25 cents is 2.5 cents. 6 million video plays at 1 click per 1,000 is 6,000 * 2.5 = $15,000... BUTTTTTTTT

If its played out of youtube there is no ad to click on. I still have great difficulty believing any free video service can ever make money even off commercials. They're designed to lose money. There was an article a few years ago about how many millions of dollars youtube loses.

Youtube ads include pre-roll and those little banners that pop up in the player, if the partner so chooses. It's a fairly profitable system, as even partners in the gaming category (who always bitch about not being on the front page and have in the past tried shitty things like miscategorization and "like and favorite the video!!!!!!11111" and "random senseless giveaway like and favorite the video!!!111242315" for viewcount++ and money++) are able to make a living, buy a fancy car, fund a family restaurant, and/or pay for uni.

There's definitely lods of emone out there for anyone popular enough (or stupid enough to make yet another shitty green screen sketch "comedy" channel) to make partner and get a couple hundred thousand subscribers. Being good at what you do is optional.