Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Processingcontrol

PrBoom-Plus Intermission question

Most of the time you spend seeing "Entering" is level load time. (prboom-plus makes this explicit with the load progress bars; Zdoom does not.)

Since prboom-plus is fasster than Zdoom, to equalize it so "Entering" takes the same amount of time always, you use use prboom-plus in gl mode with a hires texture pack, which will make it take longer to load levels, thus allowing you to see "Entering" for about the same amount of time.

I'm not going to switch to gl mode just for this, but it's annoying not being able to see the title of the level I'm entering because the screen changes too quickly.

I'd like to see the entering screen a little longer too. I've been playing with Perdition's Gate lately and I can't read the entering text in PrBoom+ and some other ports... :)

Average said:

I've been playing with Perdition's Gate lately and I can't read the entering text in PrBoom+ and some other ports... :)

Your not suppose to be able to read the story text in perditions gate as you enter a map. The story text is only suppose to be read when you finish a map.

Ah, so it's the same text as shown at the end of the level, then? I had no idea as it flew off the screen so bloody quickly! Good to know I'm not missing anything though, thanks. :)