Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

zdoom - change skies during map?

In Zdoom, is it possible to change the sky texture/flat in a script? So like, you press a switch and the sky changes from a sunny sky to a dark starry sky?

Maybe this:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/ChangeSky

or maybe make a skybox and have a script move the skybox camera to a different place with a different sky.

I made the sky change in prboom in map 7 of my wad of unfinished weird maps (also map 30 of claustrophobia 2) I think, by just raising a perimeter ceiling to reveal a hidden sky behind (or something, I forget exactly).

Cool thx. It's kinda tricky since my doom computer is way down the hill from my internet computer (I tried downloading the zdoom wiki with winhttrack but I don't think I got it working properly - how should the text box in the scan rules tab look, exactly?). I like your skybox idea, it's prolly easiest for me to try that. One skybox area has normal sky, the other skybox area has the SKY2 sector effect. You the man! I remember those maps you mentioned, I'll take a look at those too.

Regarding that last point, how about editing on one computer, saving the wad to a network drive on the slow computer, and playtesting there?

I think modern editors like DB2 don't even run well on old computers, because of the heavy direct3d rendering (Even on my 8800GT it's slow sometimes, maybe the way the grid is drawn is inefficient, dunno)