Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

DoomUK said:

I've always preferred the ambient music from the Playstation port(s) and Doom 64 over the original PC music. By miles.

So do i. In fact i'd go as far to say that the original midi tracks ruin the atmosphere for me now, i can't stand them.

I used to listen to them all the time back in the 90's, but these days i listen to a lot of Lustmord dark ambient whilst playing all Doom wads, despite if they have their own custom midis.

Pretty sure I've never played all the way through Doom 2. I've definitely never done Final Doom (either IWAD) all the way through.

DoomUK said:

I've always preferred the ambient music from the Playstation port(s) and Doom 64 over the original PC music. By miles.

Me too. I think it's just because that was the first version I played though. And maybe partly because of my "metal-phobia" from embarrassment over having being a metalhead in my early teens. I still play Doom II with music from the PSX version.

There is one exception - I always liked D_MESSAG.

I've defeated every Doom boss (On Pistol start/Not Counting D3) but have only completed One Doom game ever, and that's Doom 3.

Upon beating any pwad that only occupies MAP01, at the start of MAP02 I always idkfa for the bfg (assuming I didnt already get it in the custom map) and take out the 3 troopers standing there. I also bfg the trooper to the right, just around the corner beyond the barrier. Only then do I F10 my way on out.

I've been doing this for years and years. I don't think I've ever not done it.

I've played all the way through Doom 2 exactly once, but had to have a friend's dad explain to me how to defeat the Icon Of Sin after he did it.

I almost always play in Hurt Me Plenty (and Hey Not Too Rough if I'm unfamiliar with a level). Doom E1 is about the only set of levels I can play in Ultra Violence.

I can't remember the last time I played a non-IWAD level.

I had never played Heretic or Hexen until about three years ago. I still haven't played either of them all the way through.

It's amusing how many people haven't played Doom II to completion on these forums. That was the first Doom I played and I've always felt it was better than the original Doom. Anyway, my confessions...

I've probably played MAP01 thirty thousand times. Every single time I make sure to get all 100% kills and secrets before I hit the exit switch, at which point I finally turn off the game. Sometimes I do this multiple times a day.

I've played Doom3 from start to finish four times, despite the fact that I think it's very inferior to the original Doom games.

Also I've only tried a few different PWADs from this website and only two of them were critically acclaimed.

I've never actually played Doom apart from on PSX, GZdoom and the original shareware. So technically I never bought the original game.

I forget how to get to the secret levels in Doom 2.
I've only played through Doom 2 on GBA.
I also prefer the PSX/N64 sounds / music and have both .wad files in my Skins folder
I've never played through any megawad without cheating/warping.
I can't see why AV was such a big deal.
I actually kind of enjoy some of King Reol's later maps.

datadanne said:

I have defeated the Cyberdemon with only a fist.

That's more an accomplishment than a confession.

I often warp to random maps of a new WAD I have been anxiously awaiting, thereby destroying all anticipation, pace, and want of discovery. I really hate myself for doing this, as it's also disrespectful to the authors who devote so much of their time to developing a strong sense of progression.

I used to do the same with books as well, skipping to the last paragraph of the story in a pointless bid for closure. Stupid.

I still haven't completed either Final Doom wad from beginning to end. Or any megawads outside of Batman Doom.

-edit-

Oh hey, old post. I've completed Plutonia and a bunch of megawads now. Still haven't mustered Evilution, though. Came close, at least.

Edited by Dragonsbrethren

I have defeated the Cyberdemon with only a fist.

That's more an accomplishment than a confession.

More specifically, it's an achievement in the Xbox 360 version of Doom II. So what kind of a confession is that?

I like Sandy Petersen's city maps.

Who doesn't?

I used to do the same with books as well, skipping to the last paragraph of the story in a pointless bid for closure. Stupid.

I did this.

I've never played Aliens TC.

I recently did and I have to say it's quite frightening, despite the bad texturing and the '90s-esque level design.

-I hate, HATE, any Doom that is not Doom or Doom II.

-Most pwads make me writhe in agony.

-I generally do not like pwads with custom sprites or textures... Extremely hypocritical, I know.

-I don't like the super shotgun... even though I use it more than any other weapon.

-I never use the plasma rifle unless i'm forced into it... even though I love it.

-One time, I thought Dungeon Master 2 was a better game than Doom... and sometimes I still do. *Flinches in anticipation of incoming blow*