Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

I already said this multiple times and I've seen many other people claim the same, that D_RUNNIN is actually good song, it's just the overusage in wads that's allergy inducing.

ba bum ba bum ba bum ba bum ba BUM

ba bum ba bum ba bum ba bum ba BUUM

ba bum ba bum ba bum ba bum ba BUUUM

ba bum ba bum ba bum ba bum ba BUM BUM

scifista42 said:

I already said this multiple times and I've seen many other people claim the same, that D_RUNNIN is actually good song, it's just the overusage in wads that's allergy inducing.

The guitar solo is amazing.

FragMan! said:

I was goatsed for the first time playing dwforums.wad

eek

That's why you read the comments before downloading anything.

I'm in security, and sometimes on slow days when I'm doing a tour of the property by myself, I'll catch myself mimicking Doomguy's eyebrows when his eyes are darting back and forth. I'll also occasionally be aware of it and thinking about doom music.

I never played “Hexen” without god mode. Too much magic, I suppose. (As far as I remmeber, you had to use some protection against Anti-Cleric somewhere at the end.) I’m fine with “Heretic’s” or “Strife” power-up on demand kind of items, but “Hexen” was too much for me.

joe-ilya said:

That's why you read the comments before downloading anything.

There wasn't any regarding possible goatses but that's OK I became an adult that moment.

I first got goatse'd when I was like 9 or 10 in my first few weeks on Doom Connector. Fucking disgusting, but there's like millions of those out there these days..

Thanks to Zdoom I use the commonwealth spelling of spectre.

I also refer to the cookie part of Oreos as "biscuits" even though I call cookies cookies, but that's a different story.

Probably don't need to confess to these, but I can't stand mouselook. It's just not something for Doom IMO. Only time I ever turn it on is to like test a rocket jump or something.

Also, I can't stand rocket trails either (ZDoom). That's usually the first thing I turn off when configuring ZDoom.

I honestly can't stand Doom without mouse control. Not necessarily mouse-look but I can't go back to pure keyboard like I used to back in the day without my skill taking a nosedive. I kind of wish they had WADS and mouse back then, I think you could look around with the mouse but good luck consolidating that with the original controls that you had no way of changing.

I confess that Running From Evil causes me to become sick, same with Into Sandy's City. I feel like I'm going to throw up every time I hear them.

I didn't realize you were supposed to shoot the icon of sin in the head until watching a marathon demo. Until then I honestly thought everyone who beat the game just used idspispopd and shot John Romero in the face.

I don't like Evilution, I keep getting stuck becaues it has switches that don't look like switches, keys behind fake walls, switches that do "something somewhere" and I can't find out what, the visuals are rather bad, no detail and I don't like the difficulty balancing.

I was waiting for the Pharaoh map, turned out to be irritating and as switchunty as the rest. Some downright shitty visuals, too, I mean obviously zero fucks given by the mappers sometimes. For example that invisible platform near the end of the map.

It seems they made HMP way easier than UV, when I watch YT videos to get myself unstuck I find out that UV has twice as many monsters and they are more dangerous, wtf. HMP is supposed to be the middle ground, not super-easy ....

I'm at MAP24, pushing forward just to say I finished it.

I got expelled from school in 8th grade because of drawing a screenshot from a game magazine of DOOM during art class.

I was also suggested by the school that my parents admit me for psychiatric evaluation. I was admitted for 1 month and the hospital found no issues and said "was just being a normal kid" and I went to another school and finished out the year no issues.

Buckshot said:

I got expelled from school in 8th grade because of drawing a screenshot from a game magazine of DOOM during art class.

I was also suggested by the school that my parents admit me for psychiatric evaluation. I was admitted for 1 month and the hospital found no issues and said "was just being a normal kid" and I went to another school and finished out the year no issues.

Are you shitting us? You actually spent a month in a psychiatric clinic because you drew something?

VGA said:

Are you shitting us? You actually spent a month in a psychiatric clinic because you drew something?

WELLLLLL..... there's a bit more to the story, lol. I did a few other less-than-favorable things (vandalizing school bathrooms, desks, stealing books from the book-it truck, and one time I poured Elmer glue down all the band teams musical instrumemts, hacking the schools training computers (which were apple II gs's if I remember correctley) to display ascii penises), but the defining moment was that doom art. it was a Catholic school and they had suspended me a year earlier just for bringing in a copy of mortal kombat for Sega that I was loaning to a buddy.

yeah. my oh-so terrified parents acted on their suggestions... they admitted me to a hospital for a month and I did nothing but screw around and bullshit with tbe seemingly other "troubled" kids... free food anytime, computer lab, game room, only two hours of onsite schooling that had little interest in even teaching anything at all. It was actually pretty badass, minus the constant blood tests for all the drugs they gave you to make you docile, lol.

Yep... was pretty funny. at the end of the 30 days they called in my parents and someone from the local school county board and said "yeah... he's fine. normal kid."

I prefer playing with the free-look mouse aiming in ports, i even hate not being able to do that in the original dos versions. It gives me a much needed sense of immersion and ability, which when not available throws me straight out of the game.

I barely play any wads made by anyone, i usually like the visuals but the gameplay never seems to appeal to me so i gave up on that. Not even old 'free' classics could amuse me with their gameplay.

Well, to be fair, it's realistic. Highly corrosive acid could appear to just be water until you step in it and it burns your feet off.