Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

When I shoot an imp/shotgun guy from up close and it doesn't die i pull out my pistol and shoot it in the head.... just for fun

25 minutes ago, Trupiak said:

When I shoot an imp/shotgun guy from up close and it doesn't die i pull out my pistol and shoot it in the head.... just for fun

Same here, usually doing that saves a Shotgun Shell in the process, since it normally takes a bullet afterwards.

I do that with other enemies, such as if a Hell Knight isn't dead after three good SSG blasts, then I tap the Chaingun once to kill it. Same process for three SSG shots/rockets to a Mancubus, or two Rockets/two SSG shots to a Cacodemon. My reaction is more of a "Seriously? You're still alive? Screw that, I'm only putting another bullet or two into you."

On 5/7/2017 at 7:53 PM, peach freak said:

such as if a Hell Knight isn't dead after three good SSG blasts, then I tap the Chaingun once to kill it. Same process for three SSG shots/rockets to a Mancubus, or two Rockets/two SSG shots to a Cacodemon. My reaction is more of a "Seriously? You're still alive? Screw that, I'm only putting another bullet or two into you."

Literally me, once I had to pull off the chaingun after 6 good SSG blasts against a Hell Knight and he was still alive, I could see the shells going through him like nothing, me like "blockmap bug you son of a thousand b..." (in spanish)

2 hours ago, MarsHappyNation said:

I want John Romero to make me his bitch.

Don't we all?

On 7/5/2017 at 5:25 PM, Trupiak said:

but what if it still doesn't die

38 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

I hate D_RUNNIN...

I imagine that someone in super secret basement play this track on repeat as method/torture to get information.

How is it that 'running from evil' doesn't sound quite so bad when it's played on a map other than map01? To me it fits with map15...

Everytime i play a WAD thats either unfinished or Terry wad style i have to sit down and hear D_RUNNIN, for fuck's sake just change the music!

On 2.7.2017 at 0:37 AM, peach freak said:

in Doom II-based games, I hate having an odd number of Shotgun Shells. If I do and I'm about to fire the SSG, I use one round from the SG first.

Same here ! :D

4 hours ago, Maisth said:

Everytime i play a WAD thats either unfinished or Terry wad style i have to sit down and hear D_RUNNIN, for fuck's sake just change the music!

In my Terry WAD I'm making I changed it to TNT's map01 theme. I think you might end up missing the original. :P

-I find D_RUNNIN to be decently catchy.

-I frequently cheese platforming sections with jumping/noclip if I kept falling off at one part.

-I wholeheartedly enjoy Brutal Doom.

-I think sector-based decorations are cool.

-I hate Revenants and Archviles.

-I like Hell Nobles.

-I hate the damage RNG.

-I hate it when a mapset suddenly becomes a slaughtermap.

I hate when monsters take away all my health and I have to keep loading my save but I keep dying!

I hate when a map is going great and then all of the sudden there's a door that requires a key and I can't continue.

I hate when a map only gives me weapons when I want to use a different one.

I hate when you load up a map and the mapper put too many monsters on the map.

1 hour ago, Ribbiks said:

I hate when monsters take away all my health and I have to keep loading my save but I keep dying!

This is the source of much rage among players. There are so many things you could try, but the general rule of thumb is this: shoot them until they stop attacking you, and a successful player will be you. There are the toxic/lava floors that will also attack you relentlessly, but the same logic should not be applied to them - they are all immortal and not even the best players can kill them.

Don't forget to mention the most op thing in the game and the cause of more deaths than one can count ; Doors and Crushers.

Oh, and I never beat any of the Doom iwads vanilla only. Beat the original 3 episodes of Doom with Brutal Doom, never touched Episode 4, and only beat Doom 2 about a month ago with Lithium because previously I kept getting lost on Map 15

40 minutes ago, Britney_Is_King said:

I wanted to date doom guy when I was 12. I thought he was fucking dope af. 

But I thought you are 12 years old!

Guest Unregistered account
11 hours ago, Britney_Is_King said:

Well, he is. And we all still do, right?

11 hours ago, Britney_Is_King said:

He sure seems to have "stamina".

8 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

He sure seems to have "stamina".

Makes you wonder what his resting heart rate is.