Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

That Caco looks scary as fuck lol

Looks like me when I'm wide awake and can't sleep.  :D

On 7/3/2018 at 7:05 PM, Myst.Haruko said:

180 cyberdemon community project when? 

Somebody brings up 150 Hell Knights in a square room and a string of comments and a whole project gets started.

180 Cyberdemons in a map project gets mentioned and not a peep from anyone else.

What is Doomworld coming to?

50 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

@BioRenegat That poor Caco needs some coffee.

I would say that Caco has had plenty of coffee. Or happy pills. Or plenty of something.

20 hours ago, BioRenegat said:

I kinda feel bad for hurting cacodemons, I mean, come on, it's pretty much floating orb, how can this be not cute? However, if it's going to look something like that, I'm going to banish it from existence with the power of thousand colliding suns, just look at it's precious smile horrifying mug.

Screenshot_Doom_20180705_145804.png.734c3dfa94ddaaec2a0a4504e059f64b.png

Man lol @ that caco. Make it the boss of a secret map and fast and powerful enough to make players shit bricks.

that caco reminds me of this shitty youtuber who would always put big red eyes in his thumbnails

I sat down to play a game of Doom and then went to sleep and when I woke up all of my save game slots were named dobu gabu savu.

I only download slaughtermaps just to load it up with a mod (i.e. Guncaster, Hearts of Demons: Baron, HXRTC Project, etc.), turn on notarget, use the "mdk" command on everyone, and rack up items. It's a weird habit of mine.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:16 AM, Pegleg said:

I would say that Caco has had plenty of coffee. Or happy pills. Or plenty of something.

Interestingly, its one of the Caco variants that can generate in Shades of Doom, and it is aptly named... The Crackodemon. XD

On 7/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, GamingMarine said:

I only download slaughtermaps just to load it up with a mod (i.e. Guncaster, Hearts of Demons: Baron, HXRTC Project, etc.), turn on notarget, use the "mdk" command on everyone, and rack up items. It's a weird habit of mine.

I've never tried this specifically, but I also keep around the slaughterwads purely for OP weapons mods in the same fashion. Russian Overkill is hilarious on Sunlust. Disco themed levels AND particle effects up the ass.

5 minutes ago, eharper256 said:

slaughterwads

5 minutes ago, eharper256 said:

Sunlust

Wut? Sunlust isn't really slaughter until the last map. Maybe some one-off slaughter fights here and there before that...

1 minute ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Wut? Sunlust isn't really slaughter until the last map. Maybe some one-off slaughter fights here and there before that...

Yes, yes, we've already had this discussion earlier and made Linguica angry so lets not start it again. I know many of the doom gods on this forum can eat Sunlust and Nuts for breakfast, but I think its slaughter because I'm a filthy casual, and I find Ancient Aliens and Valiant way too slaughtery as well.

28 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Wut? Sunlust isn't really slaughter until the last map.

I think this largely depends on how you define slaughter.

For me, most levels do fall in this category, or "light slaughter" stuff if you will, with the last map as the "real" deal.

Dude, really? Let's not go through this again. Stop it!

Slaughter or not, Sunlust is great, can we agree on that much?

Back to the topic at hand: I don't like slaughter, but I'll try some anyway.

I don't know if I mentioned this one before, but Inferno is my least favorite episode of Ultimate Doom.

Guys, slaughter is not a "forbidden topic." It's only an issue when people can't discuss the topic without starting a flame war, which I still can't understand.

This is a Doom forum. Slaughtermaps are a Doom genre. They are a perfectly appropriate topic, and I'm not going to hesitate to discuss them. If other people can't be civil about it, that's their problem.

On Friday, July 06, 2018 at 9:54 AM, ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕤 said:

Why did I never think of combining them before?! I'm going to try loading up a slaughermap with Simpsons Doom just because I can. Cheers for this!

Heh, I did that some months ago with Slaughterfest 2011 Map27.

I had a lot of fun killing hundreds of Apu's :)

ive always wondered how the demons with those weird back facing legs like the baron, cyberdemon and hellnight in doom 1 and 2 would sit on a chair, it keeps me up at night lol

also the barons are kinda hot lol.

5 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

not a "forbidden topic."

Now I see 42 likes to trigger others, casually :D

-I've always tought the monster sprites from Doom 64 look visually repulsive, specially the cacodemon and lost soul wich are the crappiest looking ones.

-I don't like the HD versions of doom sprites and textures, they look out of place in a game like this, but i don't have any problem with ridiculously detailed, 3D floor ridden, and heavilly scripted maps wich makes me a hypocrite to some extent.

-I enjoyed TNT Evilution better than Plutonia, Map 21 Administration Center is my favorite map from Final Doom.

9 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Guys, slaughter is not a "forbidden topic." It's only an issue when people don't like them.

I fixed that for you :P

7 hours ago, curtiscat2001 said:

Interesting take. Personally, I never looked at any of the Doom monster in terms of "hotness" but hey, to each his/her own.

Although, I will say, have you ever noticed that there is not an ounce of fat on almost any of the Doom 1 monsters? Except for the cacodemons (kind of just a big ball), lost souls (no body), and the SMM (mostly metal and a giant brain), the rest are pretty ripped.

8 hours ago, curtiscat2001 said:

I thought Barons are Hell Knights who like to use suntan lotion, and they got promoted to a Baron due to the good taste. Probably there's a big business of suntan lotion going on in Hell.

Even after years of playing Doom wads I'm still not used to the timing of fast doors. If I happen to shoot behind one of them I'll likely waste some shots or blow up myself with a rocket.

^ I'm kinda used to their timing, at least when using the rocket launcher or another powerful weapon.

If it happens to be the shotgun, chaingun or something then yeah, I'll probably waste a bit of ammo as well.

On 7/21/2011 at 7:33 AM, Rem said:

I can't stand Doom 2's soundtrack, outside of a few songs it's quite boring.

Me either. God help us

The last 3 or 4 times I've played The Underhalls, it was because I finished Untitled 2 and blew through it with the BFG just for giggles. That probably makes it my most-played IWAD map.

On 7/8/2018 at 7:22 AM, GarrettChan said:

I thought Barons are Hell Knights who like to use suntan lotion, and they got promoted to a Baron due to the good taste. Probably there's a big business of suntan lotion going on in Hell.

Wait, so they're also tougher because of their time in tanning salon?

No, wait... they take corporate hell sponsors so that they have money to pay for "Factor 200: Protects like Blue Armour".

So, logically, does that make the Baron main character from Heart of Demons so insanely strong and tough because he's been tanning for literally decades, completing corporate tax returns, and working out by carrying 600 Kg autocannons? Makes alot of sense.

Doom pushes you to a gym and salon membership confirmed.