Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

Recommended Posts

Voros said:

*sigh*

The rocket launcher reminds me of a penis (the thing sprite, not the on screen weapon sprites)


I've always wanted to use a mechanical penis.

Share this post


Link to post

Every once in a while I'll watch a demo or see a screenshot of Doom in action and I'll just kinda sit and observe things from an angle or perspective I've never really looked at it before and contemplate how awesome this game is. It just does everything right.

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't clear the last fight in map 05 of Stardate 20X6 without hardcore savescumming, and it made me have an existential crisis.

Share this post


Link to post

I prefer Epic 2 to Epic 1.

I like anime, comics, cartoons, and manga.... people who say they should be banned and that they hate them are simply no-fun people who don't like fun. By this logic I suppose video games should be banned, and movies should be too. It's just an form of entertainment and in the intense hatred of everything animated... I just keep getting reminded of those jolly good ol' days when everyone used to attack Doom for being "hellish" and "violent".

Anyway that aside...

- I prefer the Plasma Rifle to the BFG9000.

- I think the Fist should be replaced with a Combat Knife or something.

- I believe that most gore mods are kinda meh, because they aren't particularly realistic or they alter the gameplay too much.

- I've always wondered what a zero gravity mod would look like.

- Doom 64 is a better Doom 3 than "Doom 3".

- Episode 2 is better thematically than Episode 1.

- I wish gibs were more detailed, because unless I really focus my mind on it, I can't really make out the gibs for the Zombieman.

- I prefer jumping, crouching, and looking up and down.

- I wish that there were secondary fire modes for all the weapons.

- I prefer listening to Diablo music whenever I'm playing through Doom.

- I think the Doom 64 soundtrack is the best soundtrack; though I also like Bobby Prince's score a lot. Particularly E1M5 and E2M2.

- I wish that there would have been more big open outdoor levels.

- I don't like Episode 4 very much, because I keep expecting to see a new weapon added, a new boss at the end something like that.

- I think that Final Doom PSX is better than Final Doom PC.

- If Doom takes place in space... why don't we see the stars instead of the sky?

- I always wish that there was more demons for some reason. At least ones that fit thematically and had pretty violent death animations.

- Brutal Doom is better than Project Brutality.

Share this post


Link to post

There's so many members that never leave the Speed Demos thread, I never imagined. Discovering this was like discovering Narnia, and now I wonder if they in fact made the smartest decision out of all of us.

Share this post


Link to post

- cyberdemons make me shit myself
- i specifically avoid using the plasmagun because the default sound effect is so loud and obnoxious, but i am also too lazy to replace the sound effect
- i really like fighting archviles
- i dislike and avoid the chainsaw for the same reasons as the plasmagun. its also not as effective as the berserk (apart from on hordes of imps/zombiemen)

Share this post


Link to post
DoomzRules said:

- If Doom takes place in space... why don't we see the stars instead of the sky?

...
you do realise Earth is 'in space' as well right?

Share this post


Link to post
Jaxxoon R said:

There's so many members that never leave the Speed Demos thread, I never imagined. Discovering this was like discovering Narnia, and now I wonder if they in fact made the smartest decision out of all of us.


if we're expanding this to the forums as well; i went to the Everything Else section and saw some members political/social views. i dont recommend it.

Share this post


Link to post
rehelekretep said:

if we're expanding this to the forums as well; i went to the Everything Else section and saw some members political/social views. i dont recommend it.


I soon realized that I should not be involved in the stupid "Islamic extremism and humanity's near future" thread.

Share this post


Link to post

-i've never ended Doom 2, Final Doom TNT and FDoom Plutonia
-Project Brutality sucks (EDIT:Okay...it's not THAT bad, at least the guns look cool)
-DooM Expanded it's better than Brutal DooM
-I've only finished DooM once, and it was with Brutal DooM :/
-I prefer DooM I than any other DooM game
-I love DooM 3
-(I've never watched animes(only a few episodes of pokemon)and prefer cartoons) :/
-I don't record playing Doom without(at least) Free looking.

Share this post


Link to post
rehelekretep said:

...
you do realise Earth is 'in space' as well right?


I think he meant it takes place on Phobos, which has no atmosphere. Supposedly, they experimented with a starry sky but weren't pleased with the results.

Share this post


Link to post
RanhDoomer said:

-Project Brutality sucks


^ Watchout your comments bro. Them fightin' words.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a glutton for detailing.

I think 90% of cyberdemon placements are a bad idea.

I'd rather 90% of cyberdemon placements were a flock of barons.

I haven't played keyboard-only since the 90s.

Monster Condo is great.

Erik Alm is good at difficulty scaling until he decides to go full hard then it's like you hit a cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
MetroidJunkie said:

I think he meant it takes place on Phobos, which has no atmosphere. Supposedly, they experimented with a starry sky but weren't pleased with the results.

I always thought the moons were terraformed by the UAC.

Share this post


Link to post

In reality, the moons don't have atmosphere because they don't have strong enough gravity to hold atmosphere around them without the atmosphere escaping into space. So, to hold the atmosphere, the UAC must have either created a shell/forcefield sphere around the moons, or artificially increased their gravity.

Share this post


Link to post
scifista42 said:

In reality, the moons don't have atmosphere because they don't have strong enough gravity to hold atmosphere around them without the atmosphere escaping into space. So, to hold the atmosphere, the UAC must have either created a shell/forcefield sphere around the moons, or artificially increased their gravity.


Since falling speed is the same on Phobos, Deimos, in Hell, or on Earth, that seems likely - especially since Deimos is so small a gnat's trump could give you escape velocity.

Share this post


Link to post

What the bloody hell is up with the lack of rockets/cells in the first 15 maps of Memento Mori 1 and 2? Even the Plasma Rifle is found super late if you miss the secret and I got the BFG on map 23 in the first one. Having to SSG everything for half the wad is boring as hell and really brings down what's otherwise some of the best 90's PWADs.

Share this post


Link to post
rileymartin said:

What the bloody hell is up with the lack of rockets/cells in the first 15 maps of Memento Mori 1 and 2? Even the Plasma Rifle is found super late if you miss the secret and I got the BFG on map 23 in the first one. Having to SSG everything for half the wad is boring as hell and really brings down what's otherwise some of the best 90's PWADs.


I think this well shows the differences in gameplay expectation between present day and 90' pwads.

In the 90's, you had fun just going around the shooting things with SSG, today if you don't blast enemies with a rocket launcher since map 2 people is not happy.

I still stick to old gameplay - and I've been criticized for staging a fight against Hell Knights only with shotgun.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×