Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

The amount of hate D_RUNNIN receives is uncalled for! It's an alright track, but just try using it in a PWAD and you'll never hear the end of it.

^I don't know about anyone else...but I hate it because when I am mapping, I hear it very often due to testing.

rileymartin said:

The amount of hate D_RUNNIN receives is uncalled for! It's an alright track, but just try using it in a PWAD and you'll never hear the end of it.

I see what you did there. ;-)

I am quite fond of the Wads and levels made by Eric Harris and think they would make a great addition to a zanodrum deathmatch server.

rileymartin said:

TBH I have started my first Doom 2 PWAD recently and it's on MAP05 just so that I don't have to listen to THAT... D_RUNNIN sucks. 3/4 of Doom 2's music does, too.

Ascension said:

I am quite fond of the Wads and levels made by Eric Harris and think they would make a great addition to a zanodrum deathmatch server.

Dude his DM maps sucked. Oh wait, you're one of those.

Csonicgo said:

Dude his DM maps sucked. Oh wait, you're one of those.

To be honest I wanna try and touch them up in GZDoom Builder. Sadly I'd get a bunch of backlash for making an edit of a murderer's map.

TraceOfSpades said:

^I don't know about anyone else...but I hate it because when I am mapping, I hear it very often due to testing.

This is why I always test my levels under map 02 :P

^ I usually put a custom music to a map before actually mapping to avoid that. Another solution is the IDMUS cheat, or the ChangeMus console command in ZDoom.

I test with -nomusic until the map is basically done. I'd get tired of any song I use anyway. I use these custom parameters as a default in GZDB: "-complevel 9 -shorttics -nomusic".

rdwpa said:

I test with -nomusic until the map is basically done. I'd get tired of any song I use anyway.

Really? I always thought you had pretty decent taste in music for your maps.

^ Doom-styled versions of both are available in the Realm667 repository, and it isn't too hard to take those sprites and make them vanilla compatible with DEHACKED.

Yeah, I'm just reluctant to part with any gore props that I'd have to replace for that. Though now that you mention it, I probably wouldn't miss the dead cacodemon much. I honestly just wish this stuff came stock is all.

Cerebrate64 said:

I downloaded HDOOM.

And I liked it.

even though its concept is ridiculous, it's actually a pretty cool example of all the crazy stuff you can do with a 1993 engine

i also think it's cool because of...reasons...

roadworx said:

even though its concept is ridiculous, it's actually a pretty cool example of all the crazy stuff you can do with a 1993 engine

But it's not a 1993 engine? It's a 2016 (well, 201x) semi-generalized game engine that happens to be built around a 1993 game.

Linguica said:

But it's not a 1993 engine? It's a 2016 (well, 201x) semi-generalized game engine that happens to be built around a 1993 game.

okay, fine
it's actually a pretty cool example of all the crazy stuff you can do with an engine THAT IS BUILT AROUND THAT OF A 1993 GAME DANG ROOTIN' TOOTIN' NABBIT. >:/

TraceOfSpades said:

Mancubi are the BBWs of that game.

Pinkies are the man hating butches.

"ALL DOOMGUYS ARE PIGS"

- I really hate when people play vanilla/limit-removing/Boom-compatible maps in more advanced sourceports.

I haven't noticed it as much about Eternity, but both ZDoom and GZDoom have vastly different behaviours even in lower compatibility modes (it's especially noticeable in GZDoom where I get stuck on everything, even completely flat walls, all the time if I try to strafe past monsters the way I do in Chocolate Doom or PrBoom+) than regular Doom, and playing WADs with closer-to-vanilla compatibility in them does not give the intended experience at all.

Wait, why would you hate the way other people play? I'd get it if you said you hate the difference in mechanics between ports, but other people will play whichever way they find to be most enjoyable. Speaking of getting stuck, at least I don't get stuck on infinitely tall monsters in my superior source port!