Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

Because it can have quite an impact on the perceived look of a WAD imho.

I agree with most of the points, but resolution shouldn't really be imposed.

Yes, it can make some things look fairly different, but it's a step too far imo.

12 hours ago, elend said:

I think a mapper should be able to decide how a user plays a WAD.

advisory only, i believe. in no case user should be blocked from playing the way user wants.

Posted (edited)

Just realized I've never tried to finish a level full pistol start. I mean,. in a megawad or even the original Doom levels, instead of playing them in a sequence, to try as a challenge to play every individual Doom 1/2 level on it's own. I was watching Civvie playing Plutonia and joking about who's gonna try that in Plutonia especially. I got inspired and started Plutonia every level pistol start at UV. Died few times on 2nd level, I am now at 4. That's an interesting way to play Doom instead of collecting all weapons previously and I wonder how I have never attempted it even with the original Doom 1/2 levels. I guess I always thought of the megawads as a continuum.

Posted (edited)

I don't play Doom anymore outside some super rare occasions when I'm real bored or when something grabs my attention (not even Doom 3), the only reason I visit DW is to help people in the Doom Editing section sometimes, occasionally discuss Doom 3 and post some Random Images / Videos.

5 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

I don't play Doom anymore outside some super rare occasions when I'm real bored or when something grabs my attention (not even Doom 3), the only reason I visit DW is to help people in the Doom Editing section sometimes, occasionally discuss Doom 3 and post some Random Images / Videos.

You should play Doom with HL SFX to re-ignite the fire of passion :p.

I'm only just now playing DOOM 3 BFG Edition in its entirety. 

6 hours ago, seed said:

You should play Doom with HL SFX to re-ignite the fire of passion :p.

Hell yes \m/

I've never went past the first 1-3 levels of Doom 1 or 2 and have no interest in either games.

I don't even play on normal difficulty, instead playing on Hey Not Too Rough since im absolutely terrible at the game.

I haven't played any vanilla source ports like Chocolate Doom and after testing out Eternity i think i'll just stick with ZDoom and it's derivatives.

Those are the ones i can think of for now at least.

It has been so long since I played E2 and E3 of Doom 1 that I don't even remember the layouts of most of the maps of those two episodes.