Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Enhanced Doom (now up on WadsInProgress)

Well, after a long time being in on-and-off development here is version 1.0 of my Enhanced mod for EDGE. It pretty much changes and enhances everything in-game. It requires the latest version of EDGE (1.35) and a Doom IWAD (Doom, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom). There isn't much proper documentation with it yet (hey, i'm lazy) but if somebody would wish to upload to the idgames archives or something i would make some.

A crappy screenshot:

There really isn't much point of posting screenshots of this but since people tend to demand it here is one.

And now for the download links.

Enhanced EDGE (Doom) version 1.0:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NH4TZ8OQ

Improved Doom/Doom 2 music by Shane Strife:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ODQF59JT

The music isn't required but highly recomended. EDGE does not play the stock Doom MUS files on my computer, don't know if it's just me or not. Just copy to your EDGE folder and run together with the other WAD file.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated as it would help me to improve it and fix possible bugs. Do not bitch and moan about how bad you think it is, instead try to be constructive and give advice at what could be done to make it better. Enjoy!

Credits:

id software
EDGE Team
Eriance
Corry Whittle (Don Tello)
KDiZD team
David G.
Shane Strife
And probably others aswell. You know who you are.

P.S. Pick up the berserk pack for a funny surprise.

So I made a list of things I could add/change/improve and decided that it was enough to warrant a new version. So it is being done. Some primary changes/additions:

Lamps can be turned off. Pain states removed.
New text strings support Swedish and might support German (if anyone wishes to help out with the additional languages that be great)
Alternate explosion for the barrel
The Rocket Launcher and BFG kick the player backwards when fired
New hi-res title screen

Most other changes are small and barely visible in-game but there is quite a few.

If anyone have any suggestions or such (apart from switching port which I will not do) please bring it up.

If i can suggest something, bring back old zombies moaning when they're active or just make the new ones quieter cause they really got on my nerves, especially Map 02 of Doom 2, can cause serious headache. Other than that i like it so far.

I have encountered a problem.

Edge 1.35
Extracted both your files to my Edge folder
Launched enh_doom1.bat
Tried E3L7 from doom.wad (it's ultimate doom)

I can't pick up boxes of shotgun shells :(

Coolster said:

If i can suggest something, bring back old zombies moaning when they're active or just make the new ones quieter cause they really got on my nerves, especially Map 02 of Doom 2, can cause serious headache. Other than that i like it so far.

A quick and easy fix, I've noticed that myself but just keept forgetting about it.

steuntron said:

I have encountered a problem.

Edge 1.35
Extracted both your files to my Edge folder
Launched enh_doom1.bat
Tried E3L7 from doom.wad (it's ultimate doom)

I can't pick up boxes of shotgun shells :(

I assume you mean E3M7 of Ultimate Doom. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I did exactly the same and unfortunaly I had no problem picking up both the 4 shotgun shells and the box of shells. More information about the circumstances for when it happened might help. Is it like this for you every time you play or was it just a one-time incident?