Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spazman

Forum Quiz: Name Teh Song

For the first quiz, your first challenge is to match these lyrics with their song and band equivalents.

A: "Brother will kill brother. Spilling blood across the land. Killing for religion, something I don't understand. Fools like me who cross the sea and come to foreign lands ask the sheep for their beliefs. Do you kill on God's command?"

B: "Generals gathered in their masses just like witches at black masses. Evil minds that plot destruction. Sorcerer of death's construction. In the fields the bodies burning as the war machine keeps turning. Death and hatred to mankind poisoning their brainwashed minds."

C: "By the last breath of the four winds blow. Better raise your ears. The sound of hooves knock at your door. Lock up your wife and children now. It's time to wield the blade. For now you've got some company!"

D: "I left alone. My mind was blank. I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind. what did I see? Could not believe that what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy."

Hints: Rust, Paranoid, Kill, Number.

A: Megadeth - Holy Wars: The Punishment Due
B: Black Sabbath - War Pig
C: Metallica - Four Horsemen
D: Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

Not to mention all one has to do to cheat is enter the lyrics into a search engine. More cryptic questions where the lyrics are rephrased or something might have been a better idea.

Umm.....ok. That was a bit easy. maybe i shouldn't use some of their most-known songs...

Now here's a new challenge, with no hints.
your challenge: place the lyrics, song name, band name, album name, and frontman.

1: "Under the lights where we stand tall. nobody touches us at all. Showdown, Shootout, spread fear within, without..."

2: "Feel no pain, but my life ain't easy -- I know i'm my best friend. no one cares, but i'm so much stronger. I'll fight until the end."

3: "i am a sniper. always hit the mark. paid assassin working after dark. Runnin through the night, using infra-red. target's on you, aimed at your head."

4: "Hey there all you middlemen. Throw away your fancy clothes. And while you're out there, sittin' on a fence. So get off your ass, and come down here."

AND FOR TEH LUV OF GOD, NO CH33TING!

How is Cowboys from Hell not one of Pantera's most known songs?

Edit: Second one is Metallica - Escape.

sorry. forgot. just one that popped up in my head...

also: You have to complete the whole challenge.
Band name, Song name, album name, frontman.

Ok, ok. I'll post one hint....er, maybe two.
1.it's a song about death by deth.

2.it ain't air pollution...

Don't you know anything else other than metal,like 60's or something,cause that's all I listen to. That and some Vietnam era bands like Creedance Clearwater revival

I'll post up some earlier 60's stuff. Probably more.

But here are the answers:

1.Cowboys From Hell, Pantera, (Same Name), Phil Anselmo
2.Escape, Metallica, Ride the Lightning, James Hetfield
3.Killing is my Business...and Business is Good!, Megadeth, (Same Name), Dave Mustaine
4.Rock and Roll Ain't noise Pollution, AC/DC, Back in Black, Brian Johnson.

Here's the next round of Spazztik's song quiz:
Category: 1960's and Vietnam Era Rock (By Request)

a: "It's gettin' near dawn. When lights close their tired eyes. I'll be with you soon my love to give you my dawn surprise..."

b: "Leaves are falling all around. It's time I was on my way. Thanks to you, i'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay..."

c: "There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear. There's a man with a gun over there telling me i've got to beware..."

d: "...But my dreams they aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be. I've had hours only lonely. My love is vengeance that's never free."

Rules: To win this game, you must complete the question fully. You must have: Artist name, Song name, Album name, and frontman.

And Remember, No cheating!

Better luck on this one, guys!

I just know the first one is Cream, Sunshine of your Love, Disraeli Gears, Eric Clapton..

That's the only one I know, I have this album. I bought it because I like the song "Strange Brew"

Good work Skaman. Seems like yer one of the few ppl around here that still owns vinyl.

Now let's see if anyone else can guess what the other songs are...

I will offer help if any is needed

Im a JACKASS!! The second one is Ramble On, Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, Robert Plant!!

I can't believe I missed that! I have the Album too (not vinyl though). We listen to it when were baked all the time lol

Yeah, for sure the rest don't ring a bell at all.

yeah. i was figgering you would've got that one too.
Just about all who've listened to Cream would've at least guessed Led Zep for the second one.

Oh, and I didn't know they had LZ II on disc, or on tape?

Is it a remaster?

TheSpazztikOne said:

yeah. i was figgering you would've got that one too.
Just about all who've listened to Cream would've at least guessed Led Zep for the second one.

Oh, and I didn't know they had LZ II on disc, or on tape?

Is it a remaster?

No it's a Burnt disk. I still have my CD case, with the inserts and book. My original got fried on the dash of my car (sad).

They do have it on disk and tape though.

kewl. i guess i should put up the answers if no one else'll guess. but i'll wait a few more minutes

c - jeez, I don't remember the name, but it's that band Neil Young used to play, isn't it? the chorus is "I think it's time we stop; children what's that sound, everybody knows what's goin' down" or something right?

Bucket said:

Yeah, I remember when I first got into bands I thought were obscure.

Then she put out that darn Friday video.

d:
Band: The Who
Song: Behind Blue Eyes
Album: Who's Next
Frontman: Roger Daltrey
Composer: Pete Townsend

Just happens to be one of my favourite, if not my favourite, Who songs.

Ding, ding ding, we have a winner. Well, a few actually.

Skaman86 came in first by correctly answering songs a and b.
Enjay comes in second by correctly answering song d.
cbronson comes in third by coming really dang close to answering song c.

Here are the answers!:

A: Cream, Sunshine of Your Love, Disraeli Gears, Eric Clapton.
B: Led Zeppelin, Ramble On, Led Zeppelin II, Robert Plant
C: Buffalo Springfield, For What it's Worth, Buffalo Springfield, Stephen Stills.
D: The Who, Behind Blue Eyes, Who's Next, Roger Daltrey

For the next game soon, the category will be:

The Eagles--1974~1980

Start listening to some good music before the next game!

TheSpazztikOne said:

The Eagles

Well, that certainly narrows down the list of possible frontmen.
Dibs on Glen Frey and Don Henley ;)

I'm not beginning the game yet until i know i have a good selection of players available to play this game.

-SPAZZTIK SONGS-
ROUND III
(Spazztik Songs is sponsored by BiFrost Games, in charge of PCDoom RPG and other game titles)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alrighty then, let's do this thing. Time for round 3 of Spazztik Songs. Today's category is The Eagles-1972~1980.

Here's the standing leaderboard so far:

Xeros612 in first with: 4 Songs --
Vaporizer and Skaman86 in second with: 2 songs apiece--
Enjay, cbronson, and AirRaid with: One song apiece.

Let's get this thing started!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules: To get yer song points, each of the players must label:
Song Name, Album Name, Frontman, and Band Name.

We go by a trust policy here now. Googling the answers here is considered cheating!
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CATEGORY: THE EAGLES 1972~1980

Now this game works a little differently. I will post lyrics for 2 of any Eagles song from their respective album. (2 songs per album)

Let's get this thing going!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Album 1:
Song 1: "i like the way your sparkling earrings lay, against your skin so brown. and I want to sleep with you in the desert tonight, with a million stars all around"
song 2: "Raven hair. Ruby lips. sparks fly from her fingertips. Echoed voices in the night. She's a restless spirit on an endless flight."

Album 2:
Song 1: "...Don't your feet get cold in the wintertime. The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine. And it's hard to tell the nighttime from the day..."
Song 2: "...high and low. it was the same. easy money. faithless women. red-eye whiskey for the pain."

Album 3:
Song 1: "...Cruisin' down the center of a two-way street. Wonderin' who is really in the driver's seat. Mindin' my business, and along comes big brother, who says: "Son you better get on one side or the other!"
Song 2: "...And now the sun's comin' up. I'm riding with lady luck. Freeway cars and trucks. Stars beginning to fade. And I lead the parade. Just a-wishin i'd stayed a little longer..."

Album 4:
Song 1: "...The full moon is calling, the fever is high. and the wicked wind whispers and moans. You've got your demons, you got desires, well I've got a few of my own!"
Song 2: "...you can spend all your time making money. You can spend all your love makin' time. if it all fell to pieces tomorrow, would you still be mine?..."

Album 5:
Song 1: "...Mirrors on the ceiling, and pink champagne on ice, and she said: 'We are all just prisoners here of our own device.'"
Song 2: "...Now I heard about you and that man. There's just one thing I don't understand. You say he's a liar, and he put out your fire, how come you still got his gun in your hand?"

Album 6:
Song 1: "...I used to hurry a lot. I used to worry a lot. I used to stay out till the break of day. Oh, that didn't get it. it was high-time i quit it. I just couldn't carry on that way."
Song 2: "...Somebody's gonna hurt someone before the night is through. Somebody's gonna come undone. There's nothing we can do."

I know this is a long one, but it's a goodie!
good luck, all!

Album 5:Hotel California
Song 1: "...Mirrors on the ceiling, and pink champagne on ice, and she said: 'We are all just prisoners here of our own device.'"
Song 2: "...Now I heard about you and that man. There's just one thing I don't understand. You say he's a liar, and he put out your fire, how come you still got his gun in your hand?"

Album: Hotel California

Song 1: Hotel California

song 2: Victim of Love

Front Man: Don Henley 1977 bitch!

Got this album too.

(The Cd insert confused me on this one because It says that Don Felder, Glenn Frey, Don Henley all have a hand in the vocals for this one LOL)

Does it count as cheating if I read the album credits? I knew the lyrics when I saw them though :P