Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm getting MAP02 done quite fast so far, it's got a techbase theme to it if that's ok, it's what I'm best at. I might get it done by today but it'll be quite difficult.

Insane_Gazebo said:

Slaughter-maps are the best maps. GOGOGO.

If you do a map for this, this would probably end up one of the greatest mapsets made.

Also, currently at 4,813.

A whole month you say? Well I guess it isn't very difficult to make a single map in that time. Plus I have never made a slaughter map before so it would be fun to make one.

Count me in, I will contribute a map.

EDIT: For what port is this? The OP did not mention any so I will just make the map for Boom unless something else is mentioned.

DoomHero85 said:

@TrueDude: 4,813 Monsters??

It's not even 10% done yet. :)

Pictures of some of the finished areas:

Odd-o-matic said:

I've finished my map! It's normal sized, but it's full of monsters, you're guaranteed to get hit at least twice in the first room.
It's for Boom, MAP02 and it's called "Storage Facility".

Try it out.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/slaughterfestMAP02.wad

Even I was able to finish this map on my second play, and I suck pretty hard. I also enjoyed it, even though I hate slaughter maps, so you must be doing something wrong (or right, from my perpective). ;)

I did miss two monsters, though, as well as the secret.

Guys. Remember, this isn't one of my speedmapping sessions. Take your time and make your levels huge and disgustingly difficult if you want.

Memfis: nice map. You can make another if you want, or extend that one another 5000 monsters ;)

Odd-omatic: Slaughtermaps generally have around 1000+ monsters in them if they're true slaughtermaps. And the monsters used in big groups are usually mid level monsters: revenants, cacos, hell knights..etc.

I just started on my map. I have just barely even started so not much is done yet, but I have finished making the basic layout in the editor:

The map is called "Creature of despair", inspired by the "Slough of despair" from Doom.

I will post more screenshots later.

So, should I change or add a few cacodemons, revenants and more hell knights?

I didn't speedmap either, it took about 6 hours but I'm not amazing at mapping fast which is why it took so long :P.

DoomHero85 said:

SWEEET!!! You're adding it to this right?!

Yep! Also, almost at 6,000.

And Odd-o-matic, you should add PLENTY more monsters. See wads mentioned before like Sunder, Deus Vult and Holy Hell for the best examples of slaughter maps.

hardcore_gamer said:

The map is called "Creature of despair", inspired by the "Slough of despair" from Doom.

All fear the Spork Demon!

Don't change it, it's hilarious. :)

DoomHero85: Thanks. I don't want to make huge slaughter maps, but maybe I'll make another short map.

Odd-o-matic: Your map is OK for the second slot, kinda like Hell Revealed map02. No need to add stronger monsters. What you should do is improve ammo balance. Right now there is too many shells and bullets. Also there is three monsters stuck together in the last room.

After seeing the shots to TrueDude's map... Whoa, I hope that many of those slaughtermaps aren't the ones that lag your pc to death like Nuts does. (Or SOD's map28, with the lag spike in the center of the map)

Well, I know for sure mine isn't because I'm running it on a pretty slow PC right now and it's pretty smooth.

I've updated the level with more monsters. Added 2 Barons of Hell, 4 Revenants, a bunch of Cacodemons, and more Hell Knights. Of course more shotgun guys and zombiemen included.

This should be more of a challenge >:).

http://filesmelt.com/dl/slaughterfestMAP021.wad

DoomHero85 said:

Yes. Really hard, Super Duper Hard, Really fucking stupid Hard, And Impossibly Hard fuck you shoot me now.

So we should only map for UV then?

Odd-o-matic said:

Have any of you tryed my updated level yet?

Well I am going to take a short brake from making my map, I guess I can use that time to playtest yours. Once I have taken a look at it I will post my feedback (or update this post in case no other replies have been made since this post to avoid double posting).

Also to the OP: What mapslot does my map use? Its currently assigned to MAP01 for the sake of playtesting but I once its finished I will put it into the correct slot.

EDIT: When I load the WAD (MAP021) I can't find any new levels. Where is the map?

Not to sound green or anything, but what exactly constitutes a "slaughter map"? Sounds like a style of map I haven't tried yet, and I find it very intriguing.

DeathFactoryX said:

Not to sound green or anything, but what exactly constitutes a "slaughter map"? Sounds like a style of map I haven't tried yet, and I find it very intriguing.

TrueDude said:

See wads mentioned before like Sunder, Deus Vult and Holy Hell for the best examples of slaughter maps.

But to be more specific, maps with a shit-ton of monsters and incredibly large space to fight them in.

DeathFactoryX said:

This video will sum pretty much what a slaughter map is:
4,283 monsters down in 11:06

TrueDude said:

See wads mentioned before like Sunder, Deus Vult and Holy Hell for the best examples of slaughter maps.

Please, don't forget New Gothic Movement, the wad in which every map, from MAP01 to MAP14, as well as MAP21 and 31 are pure slaughter.

TrueDude said:

It's not even 10% done yet. :)

Pictures of some of the finished areas:

That all looks rather homogenous. Perhaps what I'm used to in Slaughter maps isn't quite what this project is after. Best way for me to tell would be to try my hand at a map I guess!