Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DoomHero85 said:

@Odd-o-matic: Yes, the red key problem is fixed, but now the Blue Key is MIA.

You mean you can't find it or is it missing period?

I'm sorry but I'll have to call quits on this after all. :( I can't come up with any ideas at the moment and I'm not like 40oz who can just whip out an okay map without giving it any thought. Also, I don't have any unfinished maps that could be finished in the time frame for this (after all, I don't want to finish already begun maps in a half assed way).

It's pretty infuriating, I've been able to finish only one short map since Jade Earth... :/

@Jodwin: Sorry to hear that. I like your maps a lot. Maybe for some other slaughterfest type thing. Perhaps you could whip out something like "a lost soul" for this. Archies are fun to deal with in large numbers.

@Odd-o-matic: It just seems to be gone, if it is there, you need to make it more clear where it is so that your players don't have to wall-hump for hours.

DoomHero85 said:

@Odd-o-matic: It just seems to be gone, if it is there, you need to make it more clear where it is so that your players don't have to wall-hump for hours.

Wait, have you got the yellow key?

If you have, have you been in the cave in the corner outside?

The blue key is near that lift with the face textures on it that you thought was odd. It's behind some bars that you need to lower in the cave.

If you're still having trouble, try watching the video I posted, it shows where all the keys and stuff is.

-----UPDATE-----
My new level is finished! Like I said, it's supposed to be an early map. The music again is temporary, from Reverie.

It's called PATH'S OF PAIN. Check it out, I'm pretty sure there aren't any bugs but I bet there's at least one I missed. Oh, and I've made sure the tags are working, I just didn't realise it needed them in Boom format.

Here's some more screenshots!!

DOWNLOAD: http://filesmelt.com/dl/slaughter2.wad

*Facepalm*, I walked right past the blue key in your first map :/

I'll check your new one. Mind if I add monsters? I don't think we're gonna get a full megawad out of this and I want the monster numbers to increase with each level...while of course keeping gameplay fun and interesting.

DoomHero85 said:

*Facepalm*, I walked right past the blue key in your first map :/

I'll check your new one. Mind if I add monsters? I don't think we're gonna get a full megawad out of this and I want the monster numbers to increase with each level...while of course keeping gameplay fun and interesting.

What level are you adding monsters on?

Maybe the newest one, if i feel it needs more when it comes time to wrap this thing up. Btw, i just played the first couple of rooms of your new one, did you put some weird invisible opening door in the second room? If so, get rid of it, it's weird.

Well there was two reasons.
1: I hate revenants, and they kill me extremely quickly if there's loads of other crap to deal with at the same time.

2: If I didn't, they'd run down and that ledge would be plain and empty...

Oh, and I used another invisible wall in one of the seperate areas to stop revenants attacking to early, but you don't notice it at all if I hadn't of said.

Also, there was an invisible wall in my last map you hadn't a problem with.

I didn't have a problem with the other ones, because it didn't raise as I went right next to it thus causing this weird effect: it looks like it has a ceiling texture that you can see rise for a brief second but it kind of blinks.

I didn't notice that, well, if you think it should be removed then go ahead. Also, add monsters if you want, although keep in mind this is supposed to be a relatively medium difficulty level.

With slaughtermaps, medium is a relative term though. Scythe might be easier, Hr2final might be medium, and Speed of Doom: Hard, but they might all be hard as heck for you.

I can do them (I haven't played Speed of Doom though), I'm just new to making slaughter maps. I'll get better over time of course...

Aw come on Jodwin. All ya gotta do is make some big random rooms, add some height differences, and throw hordes of monsters in there. :) Doesn't have to be OMG-EPIC.

My first map is about 40% done.

Personally, I would at least expect some of the late-level maps to be at least semi-epic, with Map30... well, hopefully it won't be as big of a letdown as many other map30's in other megawads. (Then again, the ones in the scythe series and Speed of Doom's icon of sin finale were surprisingly tough)

Anyone got a pro tip to spare? Is there anyway to make mist or maybe something that alters the view and or makes it hard to see enemies without completely killing the game? I want to make a level that genuinely puts fear into you.. Nothing says that like something you didnt see 2 squares ago, and didnt wake up until your face was in its. What about mirrors?

eternal slumber said:

All ya gotta do is make some big random rooms, add some height differences, and throw hordes of monsters in there. :)

...and that's how bad maps are born. ;)

eternal slumber said:

Aw come on Jodwin. All ya gotta do is make some big random rooms, add some height differences, and throw hordes of monsters in there. :) Doesn't have to be OMG-EPIC.

My first map is about 40% done.

I sort of did that, but then changed the rooms around a bit and added a bit more detail then the monsters. If you do exactly as what you've said, the map will be like a bad '94 level.

@Broly: That stuff is zdoom effects. You're better off posting that question in the editing section of the forum. Personally, I don't use zdoom very much cuz i like to see demos from people, and I'm too lazy to learn all that fancy scripting.

Broly3k9 said:

Is there any way to make mist or maybe something that alters the view and or makes it hard to see enemies without completely killing the game?

You can try to do it using colormaps. (see Freedoom map01 for an example)
Or teleport in additional enemies when player crosses a tripwire.

Broly3k9 said:

What about mirrors?

Nope. Not in Boom format.

Odd-o-matic said:

I sort of did that, but then changed the rooms around a bit and added a bit more detail then the monsters. If you do exactly as what you've said, the map will be like a bad '94 level.

Sure, change the rooms around and detail etc., I'm just trying to encourage Jodwin to participate (as well as anyone else). I think Jodwin's revbfeld.wad would fit perfectly in this type of project, so make another. :)

And I encourage everyone else to make a map too, even if you don't like this kind of gameplay. It'll be fun!

eternal slumber said:

And I encourage everyone else to make a map too, even if you don't like this kind of gameplay. It'll be fun!

I've already made 2, I'm not sure if I should make a third one.

Dude, your maps are pretty fun, even if you do do little quirky walls and things. By all means, make another, but this time I urge you to pack it with monsters more than the other two, more hr2 styled. I already have two good low/mid level maps from you. Go for a higher slot in the next one.

DoomHero85 said:

Dude, your maps are pretty fun, even if you do do little quirky walls and things. By all means, make another, but this time I urge you to pack it with monsters more than the other two, more hr2 styled. I already have two good low/mid level maps from you. Go for a higher slot in the next one.

Thanks, I'll make another one then, but not today, I'm a bit tired today.

What do you mean by quirky walls and things?