Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

kristus said:

Maybe you should play on a lower difficulty then.

Wow, wasn't expecting downing comments. 1. I always beat a level without codes. While sometimes i might get frustrated and I and F it, i always come back to play it again without them. 2. I do not have Overpower wad on my comp, and in all honesty it sucked. 3. If your smart you use 2 save spots, as some challenging maps require you to go back and do something differently. I remember a WAD a couple years ago that you had a choice between two switches, if you pressed one the other one would no longer work, and only one of the switches lead to the end albeit in a long out of the way fashion.

I just found this thread and tl;dr.

Are there already released maps?

Can I participate with my scripted 4K+ monster arena map? (it's more like a massacre map than a slaugther map :P )

DoomHero85 said:

I ask for Boom compatible maps is all, so no scripting. Did you see my map?

Umm, is Doom 2 format okay? That was what my last map was in.

Bummer.

I don't know what is and what isn't Boom compatible, because I've never worked with Boom, only with vanilla and Zdoom.

My map heavily relies on scripting because the battles should be repeatable when the same battle is chosen again from the lobby (so I can't use teleporter rooms filled with monsters)

No, I didn't see your map. If you want people to find it, place it in your first post.

Zom-B I dont think its right that you come in here with your first post started as 'Too long did not read' then start to tell people where they should have put their stuff. Take time out of your day to do something for others, before you start telling others to take time out of their to do something for you.

Zom-B: My map has screenshots throughout the thread. I'm not gonna update the OP just so that my map is showcased in the first post as this thread is for people to show progress on their slaughtermaps. Also, you can probably look up what Boom format is on the doom wiki for more info.

@Odd-o-matic: Yes, doom 2 format is Boom compatible. Boom options are pushers, voodoo dolls, etc.

DoomHero85 said:

odd-o-matic: That level is great now, just add a cyberdemon or 4 somewhere for true HR style :)

Oh, I forgot to ask, did you manage to finish the whole thing?
If so, what difficulty?

I haven't beaten it yet. I think most of the difficulty is in the first room being that it houses about 1/3 of the maps monsters. I'd consider making this map longer and bigger as it looks like many of us are making much larger maps. Try to add some areas to this one.

Cat.

Not completely playtested. It can be shamelessly unfair on UV. Will add lower difficulties later.

DoomHero85 said:

I haven't beaten it yet. I think most of the difficulty is in the first room being that it houses about 1/3 of the maps monsters. I'd consider making this map longer and bigger as it looks like many of us are making much larger maps. Try to add some areas to this one.

Not all, it gets pretty hard once you're inside, especially the blood pool part with tons of monsters spawning in...

Olympus said:

Map's done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fb36l4imm0y4189

Its called Unholy Courtyard. Plays on map 21. Let me know if its too easy. (I couldn't beat it without saves, so it shouldn't be too easy.)

LOL! Dude, the Caco's surprised the hell out of me when they popped up, although i should have known better. They got me killed twice, and killed me once lol. A little on the easy side, and while i am a novice, i dont think it is lvl 21 just yet.. Id try adding some more areas, secrets? Even so though the map was entertaining enough for me lol, just dont think it was lvl 21 ready.

Yeah, cool map dude, but it's not big enough for a later episode map. The way I'm gonna order the maps is EP1 Map 01 - 10 = short/easy - medium slaughters, EP2 Map 11 - 20 = Medium length/Medium - Hard Slaughters, EP 3 Map 21 - 25 = Longer/Harder Slaughters, EP 4 - Map 26 - 30 = Huge epic Slaughters.

Olympus said:

Map's done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fb36l4imm0y4189

Its called Unholy Courtyard. Plays on map 21. Let me know if its too easy. (I couldn't beat it without saves, so it shouldn't be too easy.)

I couldn't get past the imps :(.

They just pushed me in the corner than scatched me to death, I will beat it yet though...

Edit:
You know, I may not be able to do any of these levels, but they sure as hell make weapon mods 10x more fun...

Edit2: I finished it, I turned monsters respawn on and got 671/690 kills :P.

DoomHero85 said:

Yeah, cool map dude, but it's not big enough for a later episode map. The way I'm gonna order the maps is EP1 Map 01 - 10 = short/easy - medium slaughters, EP2 Map 11 - 20 = Medium length/Medium - Hard Slaughters, EP 3 Map 21 - 25 = Longer/Harder Slaughters, EP 4 - Map 26 - 30 = Huge epic Slaughters.

Oh no, I know it will be an earlier map, just had it on map 21 for the sky.

DoomHero85 said:

What one would you class my latest map as out of those?

Also, how close are you to finishing your level, I can't wait to play it with my mod? >:)

For your latest map, probably smack in the middle of ep2. My map is about 2/3 done still, I need to break through my mappers block for the last few areas, and I've been really busy the last few days, but it'll get done. Don't worry.

I might intentionally put off releasing mine until everyone who wants to has done a map. Mine is gonna be the super epic finale and don't want to spoil the experience for you guys :-)

If I've still got about 20 days then I'd like to give a map a go, can't guarantee anything but we'll see. A nice excuse for me to do some mapping at any rate.

Melon said:

If I've still got about 20 days then I'd like to give a map a go, can't guarantee anything but we'll see. A nice excuse for me to do some mapping at any rate.

It takes you 20 day to do a map?

It takes me 1 day to make one of reasonable quality...

Odd-o-matic said:

It takes you 20 day to do a map?

It takes me 1 day to make one of reasonable quality...

Unfortunately some of us have little free time due to real life commitments. Some days I might be lucky if I get an hour to dedicate to Dooming (although weekends are often fine).

Just a suggestion, Doomhero- you might want to add the list of mappers and there contributions to the first post. It would make it more organised.

TheSpazztikOne said:

Hey, how is this for a good Endpic, or another random pic in the game?

It looks epic!
This has to be included!