Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Amy Winehouse found dead at 27

It's so tragically predictable that I find it really difficult to show any sympathy. But then again, I know not of the horrific addiction to hard drugs, so I'm sure I'm speaking out of ignorance.

After the Norway bomb and shootings I have little to no sympathy for her death, especially since she took her own life.

Didn't see it coming, but am not really surprised.

I've only heard, like, one of her songs.

Pop musician dies of drug overdose. Gee, that's never happened before. And of course this news will pop up and block out any important news like the Norway terrorist bombing.

I've never heard more than a few bars of her music before I turned it off. But a friend of mine liked her. So on her behalf, rip.

I'm sorry but if you've got a pretty long history with drugs, especially extremely dangerous drugs such as crack cocaine, ecstasy, and heroine, then you really can't expect to live long. Especially if you add a touch of alcoholism.

Amy winehouse pays tribute to the victims of the Norwegian massacre by dying face down in the snow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Hmm, I ought to ask for a guitar for my 28th birthday. "Now whatcha gonna do?"

Yeop. Not surprised. Never heard any of her music.

Hmm, she's as old as me.

deathbringer said:

Amy winehouse pays tribute to the victims of the Norwegian massacre by dying face down in the snow.

You are a terrible person.

But hilarious

deathbringer said:

lol

[uncharacteristic mode] I guess the saddest part about this is that so many people around the world hung on to every bit of juicy gossip about this self-destructive creature that they could get hold of. Anyone who had kept even half an eye on the stories about her would have been able to make a pretty safe bet that she would self destruct somehow. Yet with all those people watching and with all those people able to predict an untimely end for her, no one was able to prevent it. [/uncharacteristic mode]

It's a simple truth: junkies tend to die young. This was just a famous junkie.

Enjay said:

I guess the saddest part about this is that so many people around the world hung on to every bit of juicy gossip about this self-destructive creature that they could get hold of.

A thousand times this. All I ever heard about her was her constant self-abuse. This was before I knew anything about her, so for all I knew, she was famous just because she took drugs and drank in obsessive quantities. I had to do research of my own on Wikipedia to discover that "oh, she's a musician". (I imagine she was plastered over the tabloids regularly, though. No pun intended.) Ironic really, because pop musicians tend to be the most, umm, popular people around, yet I'd not heard a single one of her songs. Just a load of goss.

"Did you hear? Amy Winehouse has been getting shitfaced."
"Really? Wow, what a scandal. I wonder how many other pop musicians secretly drink and take drugs. The nerve of those people!"

I saw an episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks on which she appeared, and she was exactly what I expected - a bit ditzy but otherwise uninteresting. Her music is apparently really good (to most of her fans), but, at least to me, the media surrounding her various self-destroying habits was the only thing keeping her in the public eye. At school I saw her "Back to Black" music video appear on the TV, and I was somewhat underwhelmed by that, too.

Her fame does rather confound me. It's a similar story with Kerry Katona and Pete Doherty. Maybe, just maybe, I'll look at a few of her other videos and decide once and for all whether I will miss her.

Enjay said:

Yet with all those people watching and with all those people able to predict an untimely end for her, no one was able to prevent it.

Welp, that's depressed me. :(

Enjay said:

Yet with all those people watching and with all those people able to predict an untimely end for her, no one was able to prevent it.

Because they were too busy cashing in, publishing stories about and getting on their high horse over her addiction.

Who? Oh, I'm sorry. I was too busy concentrating on important things like the 90+ people that have been killed in Norway.

Amy Winehouse was a great singer. Too bad she was a crackhead too! Hehe

How sad. It's too bad she didn't get the help she needed and ended up dead at such an early age. RIP.

Not surprised...

GoatLord said:

It's so tragically predictable that I find it really difficult to show any sympathy.

This and...

AgentSpork said:

Who? Oh, I'm sorry. I was too busy concentrating on important things like the 90+ people that have been killed in Norway.

this.

She's only 27? I thought she was in her 40s... but I guess drugs and booze can age a person. I've got 2 cousins, we're all born in 6 months of one another... one cousin looks like she's 10 years older than us... she drinks and drugs a lot. People think she's our aunt even though she's younger than us by 6 months.