Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

I added a texture wad but Prboom doesn't like it

Hey guys,

working on a map right now and I loaded in the texture file i want to use but I can't test the map in Prboom+. I get a R_init Texture error. Skulltag works fine tho. WTF?

I had similar problems recently, in the end what I did was copy and pasted the Doom II texture and Pnames files and added stuff onto them, I don't really know why but it worked.

Wait, so you made another wad that was just the Doom 2 Pnames and stuff and copied it into the wad you were making? Or you copied them into the texture wad you were using?

I wasn't using a texture WAD, I just had a few textures I made, made textures and pnames lumps for them and i kept getting all these random errors, so i deleted my pnames and texture lumps, opened the doom2 wad, copied the textures and pnames lumps from there and pasted them into my WAD, then made the patch and texture definitions for my custom textures inside the duplicate doom2 lumps and it worked. Instead what you could try if you're using a texture pack is copy all the entries from inside the textures and pnames lumps that comes with the texture pack and paste them into a duplicate of the doom2 texture and pnames lumps, but keeping all the doom2 patch definitions inside aswell.

I think I had a problem like this. Check whether AASHITTY is properly "defined".

Do you have multiple TEXTURES lumps? PrBoom can only use one at once.

IIRC, Prboom+ uses the last PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps it encounters and will protest if they don't encompass all the textures in your map. Skulltag does things differently, apart from supporting multiple TEXTURE* lumps it'll also treat supported image lumps as textures if they're located between TX_START/TX_END markers.

DoomHero85 said:

I don't think so, The texture wad went in as a bunch of patches.

You can't use patches on the walls/floors. All textures must be defined in TEXTUREx lumps.