Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Personally i've found myself addicted to the warm, confident release of alcohol since I was 16 and will not tolerate anybody telling me i've drunk enough,

but I was wondering, be it the same as mine or not, what's your addiction?

Nicotine, and not always in cigarette form. I like using a patch sometimes, especially while I'm asleep (for the intense dreams). Caffeine is a close second.

I quit smoking over 5 years ago. I occasionally take alcohol and uh....

Oh, we're talking about addictions, here. Internet is the closest.

Caffeine. I drink two cups of Dunkins each and every day.

A lot of the fellow straight-edge kids I know will go all "but that's still an addiction!". Well yeah, but there is a difference between things that cause permanent, irreversible harm to your body (drugs, smoking, alcohol) VS something that can only damage in massive amounts (caffine).

Well, I don't drink or smoke anything because I'm terrified of damaging my totally-awesome brain any faster. That, and after watching several family members drink themselves to death, I don't know if I could even have the nerve to put the stuff to my lips anyway.

I'm not particularly attached to coffee, or any foods, either. If anything, the fact that I keep coming back to Doomworld when I have more important things to do might qualify as an addiction.

Mr. Freeze said:

Caffeine. I drink two cups of Dunkins each and every day.

Yeah, I've pretty much cut back on all my caffeine drinks. I may have a Pepsi once in a while.

Mithran Denizen said:

, the fact that I keep coming back to Doomworld when I have more important things to do might qualify as an addiction.

Hehe, yeah I think we're all guilty of that, but it shouldn't count as an addiction, it should be a given, also sorry to hear about the alcohol problem your family members had but it is very easy to fall victim to drinking and it's not the person's fault, circumstances can fuck you up!

I've never been "addicted" to caffeine, I've just used it when I don't sleep as much during the school year. This summer I've had very little. But when I do need it I'll take pills, the cheapest and most direct method, sometimes two at a time.

I used to be pretty addicted to the internet (back in my 20 post a day days), but unlike caffeine, that one fluctuates inversely from when I'm in school.

Doom, Movie/Book/Game violence/gore, Internet, Movies, Video Games in general, Ponies, Michael Crichton. Yah, nothing that can be serious to my health minus a lot of eye strain and brain-aches, but still, I can't get enough of any of that.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Shit! Explain..

Uh, cigarette smoking can lead to serious heart problems.

Internet definitely. I fucking hate myself for it but there's no serious internet rehabilitation I can find. I've googled it and yielded very little results, but I guess that's like looking at a carton of cigarettes for directions on how to quit.

I've done pretty hard drugs that were seriously addictive. Fortunately I had the will power to not try them more than once, lest I probably would have thrown my life and goals away for them. It's an amazing feeling but it's impossible to hold a stable lifestyle and be on them at the same time. Very scary.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Shit! Explain..

Too many cigarettes, not enough exercise and a less than ideal diet - they caught up with me 15 years ago in the back of an ambulance.

Alcohol... specifically beer. I've been at $11 in my bank account before because I walked through a huge craft beer store before and bought waaaay too many things. I've gotten better at not doing that over the summer, though.

Internet + Video games.

Quite serious, some times I can't pull my self away in a timely enough fashion to leave for work in time. Very frustrating lately.

Technician said:

I suggest moving to hard liquors. More bang for your buck.

I've yet to find a hard liquor I enjoy nearly as much as beer, in all honestly. I still occasionally get a decent vodka or bourbon, though I can't stand low-end stuff no matter what the spirit. Svedka usually does the trick... $14 for 750 mL isn't bad at all (I'll miss this town's alcohol prices).

Caffeine. I drink coffee in morning, mix baking cocoa powder in my cereal, also drink green tea and diet Mt.Dew... I'd like to cut out the soda though, at least the other stuff has some health benefit (in reasonable quantities).

Alcohol (hey, I`m scandinavian!)
Nicotine (fuuuck, trying to cut down)
Music (I`m getting serious abstinences after a day without)

Technician said:

Masturbation.

Likewise. It's terrible because I'm not allowed within 300 feet of JC Penney now.

Love to say Doom, but haven't been playing anywhere near as much recently. Call me nieve but I drink very little (like a glass of 0.5% shandy once a month little) and have never smoked anything.

I'd have to say the internet. Even when my parents disabled my connection on the home network for 8 weeks (changed the router password and didnt tell me the new one until the 8 weeks were up) due to it I still just logged onto this guy's unsecured network whenever they weren't in.
But when any jobs near where I live won't take on 16-year olds that have just left school and I don't enjoy the great outdoors, what else is there to do?