Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T-Rex

There needs to be a Deimos Revisited

I enjoyed playing through Rex Claussen's Phobos Revisited episode. I really liked his take on the entire original E1, that I've been thinking to myself. "Hey! This guy needs to remake the other episodes! He's really good!" I think he would do a good job on redesigning the original E2 since its my favourite episode, call it Deimos Revisited, and maybe Episodes 3 and 4. Then we'll have Inferno Revisited and Thy Flesh Revisited.

Rex Claussen, if you're a member of Doomworld Forums and reading this, please make more vanilla maps, and redesign the other episodes. In fact, maybe create an full Ultimate Doom megawad with Phobos Revisited and the other episodes you can redesign. I really love your work.

T-Rex said:

This guy needs to remake the other episodes! .... call it Deimos Revisited....

A secret project is already underway. Heh.

.... please make more vanilla maps

Exalt Not the Wicked

... and redesign the other episodes.

There's even a redesign of a redesign.

Awesome. Can't wait to see your take on Episodes 2, 3, and 4, Rex. Phobos Directive looks good, but I still prefer the vanilla version. You're pretty good at designing maps in the style of classic Doom episodes, you and Paul Corfiatis.

T-Rex said:

Can't wait to see your take on Episodes 2, 3, and 4...

Only Deimos Revisited for now. I'm an extremely slow mapper.

DoomHero85 said:

Looking at your site, Phobos Directive is done. Just playtesting now?

Yes the game is done, and has actually been fully beta-tested. However, using con_scaletext messes up the font size in the HUD for the so-called "mission computer" (which displays your objectives and the status of completing each objective). Eruanna is working on a solution, and when that's done it'll undergo another round of testing. Moreover, I've done some additional work on the maps, and this will need to be checked too.

At this point, we're waiting for Eruanna to "fix" the mission computer, and we don't have an estimated date of completion.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ReX! I didn't know Paranoid was released! Downloading now!

Nomad said:

I didn't know Paranoid was released!

March 31, 2010, to be precise.

after looking at The Phobos Directive compared to Phobos Revisited, i have to agree that while PR leaves something to be desired in some respects, it still looks like it'd be a great play. i'm not sure where that went with Directive. hopefully there is no Deimos Directive.

deference said:

after looking at The Phobos Directive compared to Phobos Revisited, i have to agree that while PR leaves something to be desired in some respects, it still looks like it'd be a great play. i'm not sure where that went with Directive. hopefully there is no Deimos Directive.

Well, I preferred Rex's vanilla Phobos Revisited wad. It's much better than KDiZD, that's for sure, and I'll pick the Revisited series to the Directive series. No offence, but I find ZDoom to be an overly gimmicky port.