Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alphawolf

Glitch Thread

Cell said:

( map 27 )Near that, if you look at sector 66 from the very-sharp angle from north, you can see that FLOOR6_1 bleeds into the empty place of a texture, because the sector is unclosed.

It is not that the sector is unclosed - it is actually closed - it is the fact that line 582 is missing an upper back-side texture. In error, the texture was put on the upper-front sidedef instead.

hawkwind said:

Please enlighten us all. Secret sector 147 is "impossible" for me at least.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/51100-doom-ii-map15-100-secrets-possibility/

Skipping a linedef is quite a standard sort of trick, although a little random and unreliable. Generally you just need a speed boost from somewhere (strafe-50 is often enough on its own) or to confuse the engine with a thing wobble. And a little luck.

On map 20 of TNT, if you are standing on sector 211, the revenant at sector 210 cannot shoot you as there is an intervening sector (sector 280) whose sky extends too low for the revenant to shoot past. It is an odd thing to watch that revenants's rockets vanish into thin air. Likewise you own rockets will explode about halfway across the chasm, and your plasma and BFG shots will hit an invisible barrier and detonate.

Usually you will have killed the revenant at sector 210 before you get to sector 211 so under general circumstances you won't see its rockets vanishing into nothingness.

This rocket detonating about halfway across the chasm, and that revenant rocket is about to vanish...

I never knew that, it does make you wonder though what other glitches there are that we still don't know about lol. Probably find out that in 2145 the shareware version contains a secret code to shut down the evil spread of call of duty fanboys

Alphawolf said:

I never knew that, it does make you wonder though what other glitches there are that we still don't know about lol. Probably find out that in 2145 the shareware version contains a secret code to shut down the evil spread of call of duty fanboys

That wouldn't be a glitch ;)

Hahaha. I doubt call of duty will be remembered though. It dies out quickly, most people playing black ops vaugely even remember cod4 which set up the CoD trend.

MAP 12 of Doom2. If you trigger raising the path out of order, the floor flat does not change, and the floor remains damaging after it has raised.

You can sometimes walk through "impassable" 2-sided lines, e.g. the bars near the exit of MAP10.

There is a stuck cacodemon in E4 (can't remember which map, the really easy one)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

MAP 12 of Doom2. If you trigger raising the path out of order, the floor flat does not change, and the floor remains damaging after it has raised.

And the same effect is in E2M2 of Doom.

A serious error: it's very easy to get stuck forever in one of the fingers of E3M2. I think you can only commit suicide if you have the rockets, otherwise start Episode 3 over.

finnw said:

You can sometimes walk through "impassable" 2-sided lines, e.g. the bars near the exit of MAP10.

As seen on this really quite impressive speedrun. Didn't know it could be done until I saw this.

Also...

Seeing as I have been editing a lot of textures recently, I happened to notice that SW1DIRT and SW2DIRT have quite different backgrounds. There is quite a noticeable change when you use the switch and the switch surround is showing. I happened to notice this while editing textures for TNT2, and the difference between the two is present in both TNT Evilution and Doom2. (Presumably the TNT one is just copied straight from Doom 2 anyway.)

In fact, several of the patches are aligned quite differently, and at least 2 of the patches are not even the same (though they are similar).

One of the walls in The Courtyard (MAP18) is missing. Where you have to shoot the wall behind the imps to make a platform raise, you can see all kinds of sectors straight through them.

Wagi said:

One of the walls in The Courtyard (MAP18) is missing. Where you have to shoot the wall behind the imps to make a platform raise, you can see all kinds of sectors straight through them.

I think you mean MAP19 The Citadel, but I checked in Yadex and they do have the FIRELAVA texture applied.

Gordon said:

It's impossible to get 100% secrets in MAP15 and MAP27 without cheating.

Not true for MAP27, you can straferun or rocket yourself to the teleporter so you land on top of it without going through it, that way you can get 100% secrets. This isn't possible on MAP15 because the teleporter itself isn't the secret.

neubejiita said:

I think you mean MAP19 The Citadel, but I checked in Yadex and they do have the FIRELAVA texture applied.

Yeah, I did mean MAP19. But if there is a line there, then it must be on backwards.