Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Duke 3D High Quality Sounds?

I was wondering if a high quality sounds pack for Duke Nukem 3D exists, similar to the high quality sound pack for Doom that was done by Perkristian. The sampling rate on most of Duke's sounds is incredibly low and it would be nice to hear the base sounds, if possible.

I think that Total Meltdown for the Playstation features Duke's one-liners in a higher quality, but I don't know about the rest of the sounds.

You can probably also use Duke Nukem Forever to replace most (maybe all?) of the one-liners with higher quality versions.

EDIT: Oops, I swapped threads in my mind in case anybody saw the original version.

Does DN3D use enough stock sounds to make a high-quality replacement practical? At least with DOOM you can tell half monster sounds are really camels.

I'm not really sure. I know there's a few stock sounds thrown in there, but probably not a whole lot.

If there's at least an Octabrain sound replacement, I'm all for it. God, that sound is awful.

The man behind the HQ Doom sounds painstakingly combed through The Sound Ideas General library and essentially reverse engineered each sound from their original sources. That's a pretty tall order and from a sound engineer with a damn good ear IMO.