Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

Humble Indie Bundle 3 is out

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Same deal as last time. Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV (just massively updated too), Hammerfight, And Yet it Moves.

Have to say, the only one I've played is VVVVVV, which is a fantastic game, the others look interesting with the possible exception of CPD to me (played other games that seem to be just like it).

Already have And Yet It Moves on Steam, but meh, I always buy these bundles.

I should really play the ones I already own

Cogs is fun. Hammerfight is bloody annoying having to swing the mouse around so much - am I right in thinking there is a flash game using the same idea?

exp(x) said:

I find the purchase statistics slightly amusing.

Linux users always donate the most. It happened the last 2 times too. :p

They're not more generous, they just have more money left over after (not) buying their OS.

Anyone beaten VVVVVV at normal speed? I can only manage it at 60% and still died 417 times in the process, heh.

Let's keep in mind that these are average values.

Given that the majority of people use Windows -- thanks to Microsoft's very aggressive marketing practices which make Windows the default, pre-installed OS on nearly any store-bought PC -- Windows users aren't really a united demographic.

When people use Linux or Mac on their home PC on the other hand, it does reflect a genuine choice on their part. Shouldn't be surprised that Linux users pay more. Many of the ideals of free software on the one hand and indie gaming on the other are similar.

DooMAD said:

Anyone beaten VVVVVV at normal speed? I can only manage it at 60% and still died 417 times in the process, heh.

Several times... I wasn't even aware there was a slowdown option before just looking for it.

People who paid more than the average got Bundle 2 as a bonus!

Okay, this "pay more than the average" is just brilliant marketing. When earlier today I first checked the page out after getting the mail telling me about the surprise bonus of HIB2 being added to my account, the average was $4.73. Now it has climbed to $4.95.

I haven't paid especial attention to the averages per platform, but it seems to me the Windows average, which was the lowest and the only one under the global average, has climbed more than the two others.

Really? I paid a fair bit and haven't gotten it. Though that might be because I already purchased HB2 when it came out.

kristus said:

And yet again, Windows users show just how cheap they really are.

lol, my first thought was "look at all the Linux users trying to prove their moral superiority again"

Danarchy said:

They're not more generous, they just have more money left over after (not) buying their OS.

Plus there are more "little kids" using Windows who don't have as much money to spend anyway.

yes, plus the amount of Windows contributions is three times that of Max/Linux. not really a good base for judgment when comparing averages from different quantity sets.

though i would still agree with you.

Planky said:

Really? I paid a fair bit and haven't gotten it. Though that might be because I already purchased HB2 when it came out.

I didn't get an email either, but using the code I got from the original email, it lets me download the extra games anyway. Maybe they're doing the mailouts in blocks so as not to overload the servers.