Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdagenet

3D floor problem

Ok so I have this sector that is lower that the surrounding sector's and I made a 3D floor on top of it, kinda making it like a cave, you can go down in it or on top of it. I made the effect of a sound echo in the cave like sector, so far it work's good but the only problem is when I walk on top of the cave I still hear the echo even though im not in the cave. I made a script that when the player is in a certain sector with a certain texture on the floor, the echo will be activated but on top of the cave has a different texture than in the cave which mean's it's supposed to cancel the echo but it doesn't. I know my script is correct because when I walk to a area that doesn't have a 3D floor under it, there is no echo, which is correct. Could someone help me out?

See my rely to your question in this thread. I don't know for certain, but I believe the nature of 3D sectors prevent a map developer from properly implementing reverbs above and below the 3D sectors.

You could probably run a check to see if the player is in the correct altitude to create the echo.

There may be a way to add a certain z height parameter to define how far up the echo is played. For instance the sound is played only below how high the echo is.

Create a thing to echo. On a weather mod someone made it so that only snow/rain spawns below the height of the weather thing. Also that it only spawns outside as a result.

Make your echo a thing, and have it play in the sectors you want having it at a certain height. That way it will will play in the cave and under it. But not above it. I'm not sure how you script it though, you'll have to give it a try for yourself.

If you use reverbs, you could have a script switching the area's reverb type depending on height.