Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hand X

Unofficial bugfix?

Hello,

is there a patch that fixes IWADs' bugs? For example, the poor zombie stucked with a barrel on Doom II's MAP02 and the yellow key for TNT's MAP31, etc.?

Well there are, but don't expect them to work with demos.

The ev31 patch is required for some demos (Maxes and such), and other demos require it not to be there (Speed and similar).

Incidentally, if you downgrade to Doom2 1.666, then you'll notice some changes in map02. You'll also get a spechits overflow.

You should always attempt to create your own patches before searching for someone else's.  Then when you find bugs in a random PWAD that is totally non-famous, you'll know how to fix those too, so you can finish playing it.

This thread stirred me to make an updated patch for doom2. How time flies. Nearly 2 1/2 years since the last one ...

HERE it is.

Feel free to host the file.

For those who ever wanted to be able to play through Community Chest 2 MAP24 without having to use a ZDoom-based port, I made an unofficial patch for it almost three years ago. Not only does it fix the infamous switch bug, it fixes another bug that prevents one of the secret doors from opening. You can get it by itself here, or you can go to the megawad's DSDA page, where its hosted archive has the patch included. Also included on that page are a few MAP24 demos which prove that the patch works as intended.

I'm posting it here because hawkwind PMed me about it, and seeing as though Daiyu_Xiaoxiang mentioned it here (although he spoke of the wrong WAD in the series,) I figured this would be a good place to make it visible again.

Hand X said:
the poor zombie stucked with a barrel on Doom II's MAP02[/B]

That "poor" zombie can't walk for sure, but instead can smack the living shit out of ya with his shotgun on NM.