Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Neat stuff about the cheats and some other crap too

This stuff comes from another DooM book I have, it is a DooM strategy book. I never really needed this, my parents bought it for me...AFTER I HAD BEATEN THE GAME...but anyway, it also has some cool stuff in it that I am gonna share.

The meanings behind the cheats and why they were made...

DQD - Delta-Q-Delta, a frat that Dave Taylor was in. It was made so the team could test the attack frames without getting killed.

DDT - Dave Taylors signature is DDT, it was made to test the special lines put into maps.

CHOPPERS - simple cheat to get the chainsaw...

MYPOS - used for debugging purposes, the programmers needed to get the players coridnates sometimes

BEHOLD - used to test the powerups without having to find them

KFA - Killer Fucking Arsenal

FA - Fucking Arsenal

SPISPOPD - started on a BBS. People anticipating DooM got bored talking about it for so long so they started talking about a "new" game called Smashing Pumpkinds Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris, which was supposed to be better than DooM, the supposed publisher was Ego Software...there was even a F.A.Q. for it. SPISPOPD was acually made. It was used for when certain tags didn't work and the team got stuck on a map.

CLIP - people complained about having to type in SPISPOPD to clip, most of the time out of slime pits, so it was changed.

CLEV - C (see) LEV(el). Used to skip to maps if the game crashed during development...

MUS - no description given...(BBG talking now, not the book) my guess is it was because there was a jukebox cheat in Wolf 3d, why not DooM?

*these cheats are for DooM 95, you do NOT type in ID before them, instead you type in FH*

SHH - enemies will not attack you

HALL - kills all the enemies in the level

Now onto some other shit about DooM

E2M7 (Spawning Vats) was going to be E1M1

DooM at first did not have different skills.

The original plan was to have the view from inside the marines helmet

There was 4 characters (go read the DooM Bible) but they were cut because the team wanted the fans to create their OWN personallity for him

There was originally no plan to have a save feature

There were tresures

The ideas they got for DooM mainly came from movies like Aliens, Terminator, The Fly, Evil Dead and other B movies

This isn't about DooM but about Quake

Quake was going to be called Quake - Fight for Justice". In Quake the plan was to have an organization known as Justice. The main H.Q. was to be known as the "Halls of Justice".

Now back to DooM

The characters in DooM were designed the following ways: hand drawn, scanned clay models, latex models, metal models. They also used store mannequins and clay to make large models, to pose in ways they would not normally draw.

The spiderdemon was designed by Gregor Punchatz, who did models for such movies as Nightmare on Elm Street and Robocop.

Cool shit huh?

Godammit... when did you learn to read BBG? Shit. Nice post count BTW, you'll have taken down Lüt by the time D3 is out. =)

SPISPOPD - started on a BBS. People anticipating DooM got bored talking about it for so long so they started talking about a "new" game called Smashing Pumpkinds Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris, which was supposed to be better than DooM, the supposed publisher was Ego Software...there was even a F.A.Q. for it. SPISPOPD was acually made. It was used for when certain tags didn't work and the team got stuck on a map.

Smashing Pumpkind? I always pumpkind, a pumpmean hurts. =P

Smashing Pumpkins... that does sorta explain why there are Doom sound effects in some Smashing Pumpkins songs I hear. Not that I'd know myself, I can't fucking stand that band. Eye is the only song they've done that doesn't make me want to cry diarrhea.

Oddly enough you DIDN'T mention that an original feature of Doom that was later cut out due to space reasons was that every wall in the game could be shot through. I read about that somewhere, I believe it was in that huge Doom article in Flux. Having TRIPLE TEXTURES (damaged wall you can see through, damaged wall on the edge of the map) though made the iwad twice as large so they nixed the idea. Right away when the official demo came out some people were bitching that it wasn't in. Some people, sheesh. =P

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it? How bad would the framerates be on a 386 if you just shot holes straight through a map with a chaingun from the starting position?

MUS is used to change which song is playing, i.e. typing IDMUS11 plays the music from map 11. I think this also works in Ultimate Doom.

Thanks BBG! I didn't even know there were cheats in Doom95!

FA - Fucking Arsenal

Eh? I thought those stood for 'Full Ammo/Arsenal' and 'Keys Full Ammo/Arsenal'. Makes sense...

<TIMELINE PIC>

Deathy, you know you didn't know HALF of this stuff.

the only stuff i didn't know where the doom95 cheats.

FA - Fucking Arsenal

Eh? I thought those stood for 'Full Ammo/Arsenal' and 'Keys Full Ammo/Arsenal'. Makes sense...

According to the explainations John Romero gave in that book
KFA = Killer Fucking Arsenal and
FA = Fucking Arsenal

no fuck'n way, that just made my day! 2 new cheat codes i never knew about! are those codes in the ports, like zdoom and legacy?
also iddqd, iddt, idkfa where not original codes. play the beta versions. the codes are different in them. so i dout that they typed in the codes to do test for those cheats

no fuck'n way, that just made my day! 2 new cheat codes i never knew about! are those codes in the ports, like zdoom and legacy?
also iddqd, iddt, idkfa where not original codes. play the beta versions. the codes are different in them. so i dout that they typed in the codes to do test for those cheats

About the source port question, not that I know of, they are DooM 95 only I think.
Those cheats you mentioned, the cheats may have been different but hey I'm only quoting what John Romero said so...

After some brief exploring with those new cheat codes, the FHH one gives the message "BE VEWY QUIET..." and only works if you don't use any weapons.

The HALL one works quite well though, and displays the message "BY REQUEST" when used.

And they do not work in ZDoom.

THAT'S SOMETHING RANDY'LL HAVE TO WORK ON.

DO YOU HEAR ME RANDY? NO, YOU WILL MAKE IT A PRIORITY ;)

Cool stuff BBG, cheers.

THAT'S SOMETHING RANDY'LL HAVE TO WORK ON.

DO YOU HEAR ME RANDY? NO, YOU WILL MAKE IT A PRIORITY ;)

Cool stuff BBG, cheers.

RANDY SHOULD BE BUSIER WITH THE HEXEN SUPPORT!!!

Thanks for the compliment Pritch

They are in ZDoom already.

To slaughter all the monsters instantly, type this on the console:

kill monsters

To sneak past monsters unseen, type this on the console:

notarget

Enjoy.

kill monsters

notarget

Enjoy.

I realized that today when I was in school. Heh.

kill monsters

notarget

Enjoy.

Heh.
Fire up Alien Vendetta with ZDoom, warp to map 24, type kill monsters in console...

KA-BOOM!!

Heh. It works. =þ