Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alphawolf

Dodging a Mancubus

Alphawolf said:

How exactly do you master this at close range because it still kicks my ass.

Circle-straff around it. Don't stop.

press left, then right, then left

in case more in a group are about to shoot you, try to dodge going to left rather than right, as their first fireballs will aim at your current position and a bit to the right of player's position

I can easily dodge cyberdemons and have used my fists to kick his ass, or rather fist it :p But when it comes to mancubi I have a hard time. I was playing No rest for the living on gzdoom earlier and he pwned my ass near the end of the pain labs lol.

esselfortium said:

Press Up, then Up, then Down, then Down, then Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, and Start.

You mean that isn't the old super-secret "infinite ammo and health" cheat for deathmatch?

An "invisible-man" mod would be cool, where the player would have permanent partial invisibility, especially against mancubi and cyberdemons :)

But Spiderdemons would be utterly toast :D

Well, standard issue: left > right > centre-back

The challenge for me facing Mancubi comes with how many I can confront simultaneously while still managing to track all their firing sequences. I can usually only focus on 2 or 3 at a time before I give in and try to circle-strafe the lot of them, but 4? 5? It has been known. It's one of the most cerebral of Doom exercises!

As already mentioned, always dodge to the left first, if you can. So if you are in a corridor and you see a manc, try to be up against the right hand wall, so you have room to dodge left.

If you have to dodge right first, then the second pair of fireballs, you are best off dodging in the middle of them, then dodge to the left finally.

So either dodge left, right, left, or otherwise right, little left, left.

Here is a little wad and a demo demonstrating both dodging methods. (I do about 5 of each). The other demo is me stuffing around tackling 3 mancs with a pistol and 50 rounds. (Recorded with ZDoom 2.5.0)

It's a fight to death! (and you always die as you said).

BTW, KiiiYiiiKiiiA said it all.

printz said:

An "invisible-man" mod would be cool, where the player would have permanent partial invisibility, especially against mancubi and cyberdemons :)

This would make it even more difficult for me. I can't predict where they are going to fire when I have partial invis. I will only intentionally use it when facing hitscan enemies.

PROTIP: to dodge the Mancubus, avoid getting hit by its fireballs.

Maes said:

No kidding?

What about Barons?

C30N9 said:

What about Barons?

PROTIP: to avoid getting hit by Barons, dodge their fireballs and don't try to kill them with the chainsaw.

Maes said:

PROTIP: to avoid getting hit by Barons, dodge their fireballs and don't try to kill them with the chainsaw.

I already did! Muhahahahhahaha

Maes said:

Yes, it's really that simple. What if the area is not big enough to circle, if you cant dodge between the fireballs then your fucked. If i'm right, only one fireball comes straight at you the other two go outward.

Master Danmaku Doom and you will pity that miserable, since mancubus with its measly 6 crooked fireballs :-p

I either:
A: Shoot it with the SSG so that it will go into it's pain state.
B: Go left, right, left and then do step A.
C Run away or find some cover and then pop out and do step A.

NiuHaka said:

This would make it even more difficult for me. I can't predict where they are going to fire when I have partial invis. I will only intentionally use it when facing hitscan enemies.

Just imagining how the Arachnotrons react in firing when I have Invisiblity Sphere on makes me LOL.

Same technic may works on cyberdemon also if killing time at close range(-fast parameter works the best)

Memfis said:

to dodge the Mancubus, avoid playing Doom 2.

lol agree. But the cyberdemon is even tougher than the mancubus. Imagine how many new doomers are afraid of Tower of Babel.

press i, d, d, q and d.

heh, i've always handled mancs as KiiiYiiiKiiiA said, never had problems with it unless there weren't other monsters around to mess up the timing.

if there's a group of them, circle strafe to the left, getting farther away from them so you have time to react. there's hardly something worse than bad timing here, since then one tends to run straight into their fire. repeatedly.

printz said:

idbeholdi ?