Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MyKe159

VEHICLES!!!

OK, now I think it would be fun to have a vehicle/s in doom 3. How many of you have played HALO? NOTHING BEATS A WARTHOG!!! I think there should be a jeep type military vehicle, with gunners and partners... Also, are there any screens of D3??? Comments, anyone?

The vehicles in Halo are definitely awesome, but I think having a feature like that in Doom 3 would take away from the traditional Doom style.

I still want to see plenty of new things in the next game, but having team oriented situations with AI that's on your side just doesn't seem Doomish to me, although I wouldn't mind hopping on or in some cool vehicle and blasting things at high speed.

Maybe a level where you head down long tunnels on a motorcycle type vehicle driving with one hand and shooting a chaingun with the other. I suppose it'd get cramped up on multiplayer and it's even less Doomish than helpful AI, but it sounds like fun to me. It would add variety to the gameplay. As long as Doom 3 has lots of furious action with clever puzzles I'll be happy. If they decide to do something with vehicles, you know it's gonna kick ass.

This HAS been discussed already...just so you know.

I don't think it matters. The old-timers will skip this thread while us newbies can discuss at will.

This isn't bad at all for a first post. Mine doesn't even exist anymore, but that's not important.

Go here to find some infomation that's useful to new members. You'll find it in Sleepy_Boy and bigbadgangsta's posts.

Wait for Quake4 with those ideas, OK? ;) There you could have vehicles, big outdoor levels, AI comrades fighting along your side etc., because the Strogg war setting would work very well with all that. Just wouldn´t fit into Doom3.

Well, way back at QuakeCon 2000 John Carmack was talking about how a lot of new things became possible in the DOOM engine. I quote : "For example, vehicles."

I know this isn't really concrete information but it might mean that they at least tried to put vehicles in, and maybe they kept them. Which would be nice.

It depends on what kind of vehicles he was talking about. Trains and all kind of moving structures would fit in well, and should be included of course. But no vehicles like cars or motorcycles, or hoverbikes :D

Trains would be very cool. I'd like to see a level on a train. You could go through it and have a big battle on top of it or something. They'd be cool just to have as scenery too. Trains kick ass.

ya doom3 needs to be somthin other than another fps game ...renegade is cool but not in multiplayer it sucks its to much like tribes2 but in single player mode its like a war :) rtcw is nothn new just another fps but acts to much like q2...so nothn new there..ive played so many games in my life its sick...doom 3 better not be anything like undying i mean undying was cool but it was nothn new..i could go on for ever and ever...if doom3 is just another rip off of another game im gonna shit a brick....i think id needs to go all out with doom3..just because where at a time where people want to see it all in a game...ya we need to see somthin new..games are becoming repeats of other games