Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

worms armageddon

I just recently found this, and decided to fire it up again. Its great fun really. I made a map based on my favorite theme (the Tribal one)

but there is something wrong here.
I tried to play it online, and it said I needed a patch. So ok... I went and got the patch, but now when I run it, it says "insert worms armageddon CD-ROM" and I can't play it anymore.

Any of you know how to fix this? Someone said it was because of one of the Drives have A or W in it. So I found floppy drive A, and tried to change it, but it didn't show up in drive manager.

Its easily the best of all the worms games, seeing as how I had it on N64 (still do) but I want the online functions and map maker, etc. (I did prefer the worms N64 music, though)

Aliotroph? said:

Or just get Worms Reloaded, which is almost identical, but runs on modern versions of Windows correctly.

My computer cant run that well for some reason. Lags alot if its on lower resolution.

yellowmadness54 said:

but there is something wrong here.
I tried to play it online, and it said I needed a patch. So ok... I went and got the patch, but now when I run it, it says "insert worms armageddon CD-ROM" and I can't play it anymore.

Buy the game. You can't buy a downloadable version of WA anywhere anymore because they don't work so if you got saddled with the hilariously expensive Trymedia version when it was still available (it's not been available for a few years now) then you're out of luck. If you downloaded something called Worms Armageddon New Edition it's not a legitimate product. Did I mention you should buy the game? WA is not abandonware (which isn't legal anyway).

You can buy a copy here if you're struggling.
http://www.amazon.com/Worms-2-Armageddon-Pc/dp/B000E23XNA

Also, Worms Armageddon works perfectly fine on modern systems thanks to all of the updates it's had over the last number of years, you just need to not pirate it. (A single colour palette issue on some systems using Vista or newer aside).

P.S. If you do buy the game and try to play online and are looking for a game that isn't a "rope everywhere and collect crates" game with ridiculous made up rules you'll be disappointed, "normal" games are rarely ever played anymore. It's unfortunate but that's how it's been for a while now.

Worms: Armageddon is still officially supported today, albeit by just one guy. I believe it now has support for x64 machines.

I already have bought two copies of worms (N64 and PC, but got rid of PC copy due to owning the N64 version...)

Worms reloaded, again, does not work on my XP.

There should be some fix to this. I'm not even sure where I downloaded it from. I just need to play it online for fun sakes.

Plus my version, believe it or not, does have level editor, and I am certain its WA

The patches that got WA running on XP worked great for me. You won't get that error as long as you run it with the iso mounted.

Mr. T said:

The patches that got WA running on XP worked great for me. You won't get that error as long as you run it with the iso mounted.

I'm totally new to this. Can you tell me, or point me in the right direction as to how to do this?

Worms 2 is the definitive worms game. Everything else has lots of stupid weapons and is unbalanced.

Jodwin said:

Haven't Worms games had level editors since who knows when?

Worms has always had a level generator, but I haven't seen any other Worms game have an actual level editor. But then again I have played all of my Worms games on the consoles so perhaps some of the PC versions were different.