Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justyoberg

Question? [something about Boom]

Please give your threads more meaningful titles, and make it a little clearer what you are trying to say. For instance, here you could be asking why people make Boom-compatible maps, or why people use Boom.exe - which not many do, of course. Or you could be using "Boom" carelessly to mean its descendant ports (Eternity, Prboom+ et al.).

Some of your posts so far have looked, well let's say odd. You might want to read the FAQ.

Because we're a bunch of exhibitionists and voyeurists who like to share our demo STDs without having to download the specific version of zdoom a demo was recorded with to watch. Also, speaking as a complainer, I really enjoy complaining about infinitely tall enemies.

I'm sorry. I know more about mapping than different source ports etc. so thats what I mean. dont put me in post hell please

Some wad authors want to reach a broad level of compatibility with source ports, and support for Boom editing features is amongst the broadest. The only feature set that is common to all source ports is those of the original game. Those maps are labeled as "vanilla" or "limit-removing", while maps making use of Boom's features are "Boom-compatible". There are of course other feature sets, like MBF and ZDoom (to an extent), that are shared between multiple source ports, but the higher up the ladder you go, the less people you will have playing your wad.

So basically, people "use Boom" to allow more people to play their wads, as some people are reluctant to use just any port that a wad requires.