Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Bad config in Doombuilder, CodeImp, check this out

EDIT: I've narrowed the problem down to when DoomBuilder handles building the nodes. When I deleted the nodes from the map, and had ZDoom itself build them, it worked just fine. CodeImp, can you please figure out what's wrong with your ZDBSP config for Doom in UDMF format?

Ever since I converted all of TSAT's maps to UDMF format, I've been having screwed up collision, like it was partially in noclip mode. All the maps have this problem, but here's one as an example.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/BVm-MAqtDq/map06.zip

Ignore the missing textures, I'm only authorized to release 1 map, not the resources that go along with it. (besides, I didn't even want to have to release even a map, but this is what it's come to...)

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, please let me know.

I have that no-collision problem on certain parts of my map too.

It's UDMF, and I copied and pasted everything from the original Hexen-format map to a new UDMF-format map.

It's a very large map with a giant square that makes up a landscape, and on the outer parts of the landscape, the collision detection isn't working, as bullets fly through monsters, and you can almost walk through walls.

I have some sectors outside the landscape (where you teleport into), and in these areas there is almost no collision detecting either.

So everything works in the center area of the map, but on the outer parts, not so much.

The sectors that can be almost walked through, is a case of faulty node-building, but I'm unsure of how the monsters are affected by it

Maybe try copy and pasting from your UDMF into another UDMF again Gemini, or let me take a look at it ;)

Sure. I'm not sure you'll figure it out, but you never know, and in any case I'll take the opporunity to get some feedback

I'll send a PM later :)

Sorry, I don't think I can be of help with that unfortunately. ZDBSP and ZDoom are both products of Randy Heit and Graf Zahl mostly. If ZDBSP builds the nodes wrongly then you should really tell them (on their forums would help better). All Doom Builder does is run the nodebuilder and copy the results back into the map (which seems to work for pretty much everyone).

gemini09 said:

It's a very large map with a giant square that makes up a landscape, and on the outer parts of the landscape

Might be too big. Map can't be larger than 30k x 30k for full blockmap functionality.

And they should be smaller than that because the largest distance (including diagonals) should remain below 30K too.