Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

high res textures

how do you think of this new project. i think it is a good thing. hell we have added openGL and the quake2 MD2 format. I know it has pissed off some doom purist out there, but i think it is great that someone is doing this. also it is another comunity project. and speaking of community projects how is free doom coming i have not seen much about it. I cant wait till the first high res pack is out. I wonder if anyone will make the spirits high res too, i dont see why that cant be included in the project too. I would like to see the 3d models done better, seeing that they where pulled from a older quake TC

Bah, I don't have a good enough system (yet) to have GL. I play Quake II on my comp and it runs pretty well.

The first md2pack was ripped from a DooM TC for quake1.
But the later packs were made by Edmundo B.

He has done som amazingly beautiful md2models.
The models arent that complex (and that´s probably good for the engine), but the skins are very well made.

So if you havent seen these "rather new" md2packs, go and get them.

And if you were refering to theese before, I can´t understand why you don´t like them.

There are improved versions of many of the MD2 objects available at:

http://chebpage.narod.ru/jdoom/

Greatly improves the mancubus, cacodemon, torches, lost soul, and several others.

Note that sometimes I've had trouble accessing this page, I suppose because it's hosted from Russia, but it is worth looking at.

AFAIK, these model packs only work with JDoom, but there may be some way to configure them for some other 3D acceleration port. I don't know.