Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

If you thought GeoCities was gay before...

Your FTP Service

Beginning April 2, 2002, we will no longer provide FTP access as part of our free home page service.

Please note that Premium Members will not be affected by this change in service. Free members interested in continuing their FTP service are encouraged to consider our premium packages. All packages include FTP access, remote loading of images, ad-free pages, and much more. Packages start at just $4.95/month (plus a one-time setup fee).

If you decide not to upgrade your GeoCities web site, you can still upload files using the Easy Upload tool which is accessible within File Manager.

For additional help and information about GeoCities, visit our help pages at http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/geo/.

Thank you for using GeoCities,

The Yahoo! GeoCities Team

The FTP access was the only decent thing about GeoCities (apart from the fact that it wouldn't let you rename files if it was in a subdirectory) and now they're taking it away. Time to find a new home for the pages I have up on that site...

How this situation could have been prevented:

NEVER SIGN UP FOR GEOCITIES IN THE FIRST PLACE

How this situation could have been prevented:

NEVER SIGN UP FOR GEOCITIES IN THE FIRST PLACE

Amen.

I was going to put my website up at 9cy, but they went through some downtime and when they got back up, they had stopped offering 100 megs of space and had cut it down to 15 megs. Lame.

Anywho, I have personal web server now. I'm going to see how it works out for a while when I get my website finished.

Hmmmmm, well, gee, at least the ONLY way to get web space on AOL Hometown is to HAVE AOL. Luckily, since you pay about 25 bucks a month, they offer somewhat decent web space. Hardly anything crahses, though right now the server is a little fuXored up. 12 megs, not bad, considering what little I put on there, mainly text and graphics.

In a way I think AOL is fair by giving slightly better than GeoShitties service, though I would kill ANYBODY out on the street, even (actually, ESPECIALLY) GWB just to get some unlimited web space. I could put all I want on there and not worry about going over my limit, because I won't have one :)

But, Hell will freeze over when that day comes.

Hmmmmm, well, gee, at least the ONLY way to get web space on AOL Hometown is to HAVE AOL. Luckily, since you pay about 25 bucks a month, they offer somewhat decent web space. Hardly anything crahses, though right now the server is a little fuXored up. 12 megs, not bad, considering what little I put on there, mainly text and graphics.

WTF? $25 a month for 12 megs? What a rip!

OH NO

LINGUICA

HOST ME

PLEASE

ILL NEVER SAY YOU LOOK LIKE LARS ULRICH AGAIN@$#?%^

are you affraid to use more than 5mb at slipgate?

jesus christ, i'm using almost 200mb there.

WTF? $25 a month for 12 megs? What a rip!

[sarcasm]You also get an excellent internet connection as well![/sarcasm]

I am on Freewebz. They are good, have 100mb of space, but, unfortunately you can only upload one file at a time. Kind of a trade off.

Thanks to Liam for recommending the site for me.

Tripod.

GeoShities puts those javascript internal banner windows on pages, Tripod uses a popup.

Put http://*.tripod.com in your restricted sites and you won't see them. I can still visit http://deadnail.tripod.com so it only kills the popups. =)

First time users get 20 megs, but since I've been on there for like six years without hassle they're giving me 50 megs. And of course, it has FTP access.

Yeah, 50. I copied and pasted this right out of that javascript file manager on their site!

Account status: 10.1 mb used 39.9 mb remaining

OMG!!!!!! FREEWEBZ IS SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER THAN AOL HOMETOWN!!!!!!! IT'S EASIER TO UPLOAD, though it takes a while since you can only upload one file at a time.

But thanks to whoever gave the link to Freewebz.