Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

Here's a good imagefest of DooM for any interested.

Creaphis said:

What? Is this like a "let's play" in slide-show format?

An imagefest is a unique form of slideshow that's exclusive to the daily POS website. It often has varying humor and entertainment as they are done by a variety of people, and are all screenshots or pics.

I personally like them, sometimes people co-commentate on an imagefest, like the one I posted above.

screen shots of the first level. Videos of the first level were old enough.

Woulda been nice if the screen shots were more unique. The guys comments... kind of added more to it.

But not too much.

I like it. I'll often stop watching a video because the narrator gets obnoxious, but this format doesn't have that problem, at least not nearly to the same extent.

Just went through all of Episode 1. Epic stuff, and I actually really liked it. Some of the comments were quite lolworthy.

cheers.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Just went through all of Episode 1. Epic stuff, and I actually really liked it. Some of the comments were quite lolworthy.

cheers.

Thanks, mate!

I like it - at least the attempt to try something a little different. A different take on a Let's Play or text heavy game review is good in my book. If you don't like it, don't read it but it seems to have an audience so I say more power to you.

Platinum Shell said:

There's no need to troll, now.

Nothing in Doom 1 takes place on Mars.

Well I have officially read all the way through all 4 episodes now, and parts of it were just gold. Some parts were a bit 'meh', but some of the lines were pure awesome, and for me at least, the awesome outweighs the meh, frankly.

Alright Platinum Shell my man, shouldn't you be off doing Doom2 already? And then there is TNT and Plutonia, the Master Levels, No rest for the living...

...And then about 5 million user created maps.

...chop chop. :D

And in the meantime, I am off to refine* some toxins**. 'Coz that's the way we do things here on Doomworld, you see.

Jodwin said:

Nothing in Doom 1 takes place on Mars.

Yeah, but according to the story so far UAC has a facility on Mars too. It's a total mystery what happens there and nobody has made a Mars megawad because of Doom 3.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Well I have officially read all the way through all 4 episodes now, and parts of it were just gold. Some parts were a bit 'meh', but some of the lines were pure awesome, and for me at least, the awesome outweighs the meh, frankly.

Alright Platinum Shell my man, shouldn't you be off doing Doom2 already? And then there is TNT and Plutonia, the Master Levels, No rest for the living...

...And then about 5 million user created maps.

...chop chop. :D

And in the meantime, I am off to refine* some toxins**. 'Coz that's the way we do things here on Doomworld, you see.

Sorry for the late response, Soaprman created the imagefests, not me!
He has one on DooM 2 as well, you should be able to find it on the last page of the UD one.

As for Plutonia, SK (Star Kirby), had played through a good portions of the maps, 'till he ragequited on one map a little after Hunted.

I plan on doing my own DooM imagefests soon, and those two will be of The Plutonia Experiment (a completed one), and TNT: Evilution. (not in that order, I will post and finish them in correct order; TNT then Plutonia).

I'm really glad you enjoy it! Just glad I can entertain someone with a unique flavor of the good ol' DooM.