Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Question for atheists

GreyGhost said:

Who wants to have more than one mother-in-law - or am I missing the point?

Wouldn't mind having two fathers in law.

Sigvatr said:

You can't play Doom if you are a Christian. God doesn't approve, and Jesus didn't play Doom.

I think Jesus would be down with it.

Quast said:
I'd would say it's not, but rather the maturation of scientific study and methodology, increased learning opportunities and most importantly the internet. Yes, I almost hate to say it, the internet. The most basic function of the internet, the free exchange of ideas across the globe allows a scattered group of people to find like minded people. Because of this, the internet is almost certainly one of the main reasons for the faithless to come out of the closet so-to-speak.

Yeah, if anything, it started earlier with less enhanced forms of communication, but the internet has to have taken it a step further. The less ways to communicate and register experiences and facts, the more we rely on repetitive mind structures to rely on, to make some sense of existence. The same technological phenomenon is also making a mess out of established politics in the Middle East, by empowering people to question things and find other voices doing the same, to name another example.

We sometimes fear communications technology because it may turn society into some form of "1984" and sometimes it gets used that way, but that same phenomenon also gives many people ways to vent, describe and deal with situations that would have otherwise stayed in the dark, and to connect with others that do the same.