Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunner

Steve Rot's Doom Tribute (2011) - Press Release For Doomworld

Steve Rot's Doom Tribute was released in 2010. It covered the soundtracks of Doom 2 and Knee Deep In The Dead with an emphasis on preserving Robert Prince's original 1993\1994 instrumentation and style.

Doomworld.com and it's users, among other associates and fans, were important in the promotion of this collection. To thank them, it is being re-produced with new audio and performances, and is slated for a 2011 re-release. The re-release will also feature new art.

Production has already started but an audio preview won't be available until the collection is released.

Like the 2010 release, it will come in the form of a digital album, free for download. However, you are encouraged to subscribe to the mailing list and check out my original solo artist project.

If you are unfamiliar with this collection, you can read about it here:
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Rot's_Doom_Tribute

You can listen to it here:
http://www.myspace.com/steverotsdoomtribute/

And:
http://www.youtube.com/therealsteverot

Subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to:
therealsteverot@gmail.com

This is awesome, so this will be a reproduction of your previous work I take it?

Mr. Chris said:

This is awesome, so this will be a reproduction of your previous work I take it?

Well, some parts of the collection could have been better, acoustically. Some of the performances could have been tighter. I always wanted a guitar solo in Interlevel Music. I wish the guitars would continue through the second half of E1M9. Etc.

The guitars and bass tracks are getting re-recorded with new instruments, and the strings and trumpets are getting re-recorded.

It will mostly be the same, just a little better. If anybody can think of any bonus features to add, I might do that too. You can send your suggestions to therealsteverot@gmail.com

This is pretty kickass. There are some really nice harmony lines that I don't hear in the originals, Bobby Price would approve tho, I think.

Can I ask how you did the drums? is it an accoustic kit, or just good samples and a drum machine.

Thanks dude, this was some pretty quality work. Now onto some TNT Evilution remixes. :D

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Can I ask how you did the drums? is it an accoustic kit, or just good samples and a drum machine.

Thanks dude, this was some pretty quality work. Now onto some TNT Evilution remixes. :D

At the time I used Addictive Drums, but now I have Real Machines and Metal, and some other loop and drum packs. The drum notation is original from the Prince compositions.

TNT is one of my favourites, but I don't think I'll be doing that soundtrack. It's too much of a spin-off to the Doom plot, if you know what I mean. I have a couple demos for Dune 2 and Wolf 3D but they were cancelled.

Is there another mirror for this? I would really like to download the entire album, but the anti spam "type in the two words pictured here" ReCaptcha thing just doesn't work for me. NO matter how precisely I type in what is pictured, it just glitches and puts up another two words. Any suggestions?

Do you have any ETA for the 2011 re-release?

Also why did you not use "Steve Rot" as your username here?

Mr. Chris said:

Do you have any ETA for the 2011 re-release?

Also why did you not use "Steve Rot" as your username here?

No release date, in fact it may even carry over to 2012.

I didn't use my name because my publicist uses my accounts, and if he has to post something using my name, that's misleading.

Gunner said:

I didn't use my name because my publicist uses my accounts, and if he has to post something using my name, that's misleading.

IMO, I think your publicist should have his/her own account.