Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bagatur

since my previous post turned into a battle, here it is again ...

how do i use source ports?
sorry for asking it again, but i couldnt figure it out myself :(
i've downloaded zdoom, unzipped it into my doom directory. and what now?
once again, i am playing doom collector's edition's ultimate doom - when i start it (doom95.exe), a nice menu thing comes up asking you to do configure and settings stuff, letting you choose primary and additional wads and so on... so what do i do?
or i dont run doom's exe, but rather zdoom's exe?
main question about source ports - do they compliment original dooms with new things like mlook, jump, graphics and stuff, or they are completely new levels and stuff?
please dont tell me that zdoom sucks and i suck too because i chose it, just tell me how to deal with zdoom.
thanx beforehand

Yes run zdoom.exe, and youll probably have to adjust it to fullscreen in some higher res mope. Easily done thru the video menu. Zdoom adds mlook/jump/higher res and some new sounds/sights etc. Not really any new maps with zdoom. Personally i configure the options to be as much like original doom as possible (with the exception of resolution)

Have fun, zdoom is pretty decent although i think i prefer Legacy

some dll file is missing...
i think like pct or ptc dll file :(
what's the problem?

ALL REQUIRED ZDOOM DLLS COME PACKAGED WITH ZDOOM

STEP 1.) UNZIP ALL FILES IN THE ZIP FOR THE SOURCEPORT INTO YOUR DOOM DIRECTORY

STEP 2.) RUN THE SOURCEPORT EXECUTABLE

STEP 3.) BASK IN HIRES GOODNESS

STEP 4.) FLING YOURSELF DOWN A MUDDY EMBANKMENT

Make sure you have a valid iwad (doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad, plutonia.wad, etc.), zdoom.wad, and ptc.dll in the same directory as zdoom.exe.

WTF? Once I scrolled down to read Liam's post, I get a blue screen, AIM disconnects, and the internet connection dies. :\

I still get STNCF missing error with the copy of ZDoom I have in my Ultimate Doom folder, which I've figured an STNCF is one of the charcter of Doom text, eg a Doom Z or F or something. I've tried unistalling, re-installing, gets the same message. There's nothing wrong with the IWAD, it works in Doom 95. Grrr. Anyone know?

umm, search the pc for the file, if it finds it put it in your doom dir? That worked for me a few times.