Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Matt, can you send this sky to the mappers please? I want to try it with my map (currently I just use FLAT10 as the ceiling in "outdoor" areas).

Also, new shots of my map:

I've updated the OP with new music tracks. The first new music track is for MAP09, "Chemical Lab". The second new music track is the new text screen music, and can be found under the "Other Music Tracks" section. Both are composed by XenoNemisis. Be sure to have a listen!

Matt534Dog said:

I've been having a lot of trouble mapping recently. If anyone wants to collab with me, that would help a ton.

My map 14 being almost finished, I indeed want to help you for the creation of maps :)

Latest progress on the title screen:

The only thing that's left to be finished is the background, which should be a cool view of the demon city.

MAP19 is almost done, I'll send it to Matt in a few days. franckFRAG, your sky greatly improved the atmosphere, so thank you!

Time for a status check! It's been forever since there's been any mention of this project, so I want to gauge our progress before the year ends. Aside from gauging the progress so far, this also allows me to set a possible release date for next year, depending on how far along the maps are coming. Don't be alarmed! I'm more likely to set a release date that's far enough along for even the slowest mapper to get something done. Just post your unfinished map slot and percent complete below.

My Mapping Progress:

-MAP03: 10%
-MAP12(My Portion): 0%
-MAP20: 0%
-MAP30: 0%

MAP08 - 5%

Hard to give a %. I've decided on a concept, theme and have an idea of how I want it to play out. I've also got part of the layout down.

My challenge now is to keep to my design goals whilst avoiding too much symmetry and VPOs. My only other focus is Progressive Fiction and occasionally things pop up but I should be able to concentrate on my Interception map Panopticon now most of the progfic maps are any their final stages.

@Memfis: Sorry, I've been too busy lately to write a response. I'll try to do it ASAP.

EDIT: On another note, since a lot of people are about 5-20% done with their maps, I think a mid-2012 release date, at most, is in order. Does that sound reasonable enough to you guys?

Should I be accounting for weapon progression or a monster/difficulty curve? I've re-checked the first post but it only has considerations for thematic consistency.

With MAP08, I'm at the point where I've built the map flow and have a "skeleton" layout so I need to start thinking about monster placement and set-pieces but I don't want to inadvertantly spike or trough the difficulty of the megawad too much.

If I recall correctly, it should be like that of TNT. So I imagine there are quite a few things you can do to make it challenging (for a MAP08 slot anyway).

I vaguely remember thinking in terms of TNT so that probably has been mentioned in the thread already. That gives me a little scope then. I can be quite liberal with the mid-tier monsters but will shy away from AVs, Cybs and Masterminds unless I can put them in a compromised situation and will include all weapons up to the PR.

A TNT difficulty is indeed what I had in mind.

Also, I've gotten around to starting the credits image. Everyone post a reply stating what color you want your name to be. If you don't reply, you automatically get gray. Your choices are:

-Grey
-Red
-Green
-Blue
-Yellow
-Purple

EDIT: Also, I've updated the E3 sky to look less symmetrical near the far right:

http://matt534dog.webs.com/doomsky2.bmp

I haven't visited doomworld that much the past few months, mostly because I felt "Doomed" out, so to speak. However lately I've been feeling the urge again, so I've started throwing around some ideas for MAP10 and I think I might have something done in a few weeks if all goes well.

I'll also be sure to test the rest of the maps when I can find the time, I've been pretty bad about that. Sorry :(

Also, Blue.

I haven't seen much progress in this thread as of late, but I'm having one hell of a time coming up with a good MAP10 idea. I haven't really mapped in a while though, so I think I just need to warm up a bit.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Things have been coming along smoothly, albeit slowly, in terms of my map contributions. I've been having some mapper's block recently and have asked other mappers for help, in hopes of finding inspiration.

As far as other contributions, I've been receiving very few map submissions. I tried to have a status check, but only a few people replied with their mapping status. I haven't received any new songs or map reviews from the testers.

It does seem that things are starting to pick up a bit around here. I hope we can, sooner than later, pull this project together into a very enjoyable WAD!

I've progressed some with my map but have been stalled a little by fiddling with the map progression and lack of inspiration for the presently empty areas. I'd estimate 30% complete.

Sorry for the double post - eh, it's been over a month. This thread has gone very quiet.

I've PM'd MAP08 to Matt534Dog and the playtesters (except MegaDoomer who can't receive PM's), awaiting approval/bug reports.

Pics are in the Post your doom picture thread.

I hope this project doesn't run out of steam.

I got nice feedback from MegaDoomer and 1ntru, so my map's status in the first post can be updated. (add two asterisks)