Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

@General Rainbow Bacon: I've whipped up some real quick borders for the Interception logo; they come in three flavors (yellow, red, and green):

http://matt534dog.webs.com/TITLEPIC_DW2.png (Green)
http://matt534dog.webs.com/TITLEPIC_DW3.png (Yellow)
http://matt534dog.webs.com/TITLEPIC_DW4.png (Red)

@DeathevokatioN: I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's much too late to change it now. Rest assured that the next time I'll be drawing Doomguy, he'll need a helmet on...

I like the red outline but I think the green is best.

I think you did a good job on the TITLEPIC overall. I had serious doubts to start with but it's better than I thought it would be.

That said, it's still just a decent attempt in a style I'm not fond of. The big-headed cartoony look is not gritty enough for my tastes.

^Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely try to go more realistic with my future Doom-related drawings. But, for now, I think this TITLEPIC will serve it's purpose just fine.

The TITLEPIC is very good. I agree with Purist that more gritty ones are usually the best, but you did a great job at drawing it.

I think the green outline is the best one.

DW3, while good, is out of the question when it comes to the battle between the tittle picks.

It's DW2 vs DW4 now.

While at first glance I liked DW2 better, I kept on coming back to DW4 - and I think I ultimately like it better.

I like that titlepic for sure! Just a nitpick though, I think the title letters would look even better with bright borders inside the R, P and O as well.

My vote is on the yellow border.

Can you convert them so we can can get an idea of how it will look in game?

My vote is still for the yellow border.

Archy: If you've studied graphic design you'd know that the yellow one is best as it brings the two colors together. I think either the red or green borders just add too much of each color.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

My vote is still for the yellow border.

Archy: If you've studied graphic design you'd know that the yellow one is best as it brings the two colors together. I think either the red or green borders just add too much of each color.

Just what I was thinking, the yellow border brings such a nice contrast to the green of the letters, and the red of the pentagram.

Can you convert them so we can can get an idea of how it will look in game?

DW2, DW3, and DW4. It looks rather nice, but the banding on the imp to the right is kind of funky looking.

Anyway I like yellow but I think it adds too much color; It doesn't really fit the color theme of the entire image.

I personally like the red outline, but green is fine too.

Hmm, the banding on the imp is funny - the blood on Doomguy is also largely black rather than red now and I've just noticed his forearms are incredibly beefy compared to his wrists and hands.

The logo borders seem to miss the interiors of the R, P, and O.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

After sleeping on it, I actually like the yellow the best. Funny how we change.

Phobus said:

I've just noticed his forearms are incredibly beefy compared to his wrists and hands.

Wow -- that looks... strange. If time permits it, I think that should be fixed.

jute said:

The logo borders seem to miss the interiors of the R, P, and O.

You stole my words!

I want to add though, but I think it's impossible now (or I'm late).

How about make the other Imp look angry or more fierce instead of a smile.

Just got a great bunch of original music from XenoNemisis. Looks like we'll be having an all original soundtrack after all! I'll post the tracks in the OP when they're all finished.

EDIT: Just posted the MAP30 music, since it's mostly completed.

Can't wait for this map set to be completed. If July 31st really is the deadline, the rest of our time after that will most likely be spent playtesting maps and waiting for the soundtrack to be completed.

I don't think that I'll make any progress on my MAP27 so I'd like to resign from this slot. Here is what I made, feel free to use... - DL

That's a shame Memfis, I'll have a look at what you've got and see if I can knock something up or even make a small map from scratch.

If someone else is keen to take it I'll step aside though, I could do E3M8 in Bedlam instead.

EDIT: Memfis, I've played what you've started and it's too good to end up as a scrap. I'd be interested in how you planned on progressing the map as the direction following the first AV fight is not clear. PM me if you'd prefer and screenprint of the editor or automap with arrows and keys etc would do wonders for me!

I hope I can do it justice. I plan on using mostly the structures already in place adding new areas only to flesh it out or where neccessary.

EDIT 2: I've got started. The loose ends are quite inspiring to fathom my own level-flow. It will be interesting to see how faithful to Memfis' original vision it is.

There wasn't really any plan. When I start a map, I only know how the first room should look like, the rest is usually improvisation. I guess this is why I abandon 90% of my projects: I hope that the ideas will eventually come but of course they don't. It also doesn't help that I simply dislike mapping. I only want to see the results but absolutely not interested in the process, which is usually nothing but pain/frustration/etc. I guess I'm just not an artist and should stop fooling around with editors. Because when you ask a musician, "Do you enjoy what you're doing?" you'll hear "Of course, otherwise I wouldn't do it". But I can't say that.
(sorry for offtopic)

@franckFRAG: Woah! O_O That is seriously awesome! Thank you so much! Would you like to help me with the INTERPIC?

EDIT: Could you send me that TITLEPIC in a .png format? It seems very dirty and lossy.

@Memfis: That is also how I map; IIRC, that's how John Romero used to do it as well. The trick is to get a really good first room going. I really like your mapping and I don't think you should quit, but if you're feeling tired of it, then it's up to you. I suggest you take a break from it, as I have done before. It might help reinvigorate your enthusiasm in mapping.

Memfis, that's exactly how I map too. Maybe you aren't enjoying it because you are too critical of your own work? I ask you this because that's exactly how I feel a lot of the time (Even if it's subconcious), because of all the other amazing mappers on here. Seriously, some of you guys are amazing and I'm surprised you don't work in the industry. But that's neither here nor there.

Personally I find that if you just sit down and draw whatever is on your mind, mapping is a lot more fun; Either that or do what Matt said, take a small break. Then again I'm not you so that may not be how you think. It just pains me to see a great mapper give up like this, because I think you are very good and a bit too hard on yourself.

Anyway, back on topic; I'm making slow progress with map10. I finally found a good base after tinkering for 2 months off and on (lol) and it should be done fairly soon. I'll post pics in a bit.

Razen said:

just sit down and draw whatever is on your mind

I consider this statement to be very wise.

Try not to plan it out.

Just start drawing, and look at the lines on the grid, you'll see it come to life.