Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dark X

"Child of Rage" - The Documentary (1989)

A forewarning: This is a pretty serious and graphic documentary that overviews the effects of child abuse, both sexual and psychological. Don't watch it if you're not prepared for it.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2wmFunCjU

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55Oz92Kh-A&feature=related

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAAVjvTaRNU&feature=related

I found this to be very interesting. It bothered me that I could relate to some of the things she was saying, and even some of the things she was doing, when I was a child. Her case is much more severe.

Please do watch this and post your feelings on it. I think it's something everyone should watch.

Weird. Most programs like that now would show lots of kids raging. It's scarier when you don't see her rage because she is intelligent enough to be scary (though not absolutely terrifying like a genius would be).

Sometimes it weirds me out that I meet so many people with similar stories. Don't recall knowing anybody as crazy as her since elementary school though.

I think what bothered me the most was that she was being "rehabilitated" in a dipshit Baptist child soldier base. It's a miracle that she didn't grow up and kill. There's a similar story where all of this same shit happened, only the Christian imposition method didn't work at all. It usually doesn't. It just trains someone to be covert.

In the first video (at 5:52) she seems to recall things in pretty good detail that she says happened to her at the age of 1.

By show of hands, who else here remembers things that happened to them when they were 1 year old.

I'm smelling some kind of bullshit here.

yourusernamee said:

In the first video (at 5:52) she seems to recall things in pretty good detail that she says happened to her at the age of 1.

By show of hands, who else here remembers things that happened to them when they were 1 year old.

I remember a few things from that age, a few more from when I was 2, and lots after that. Specifically, I remember my house being built at that time and some of the interactions I had with my parents. They confirmed I was accurate, but of course I can't prove that to the rest of the world. Remembering those times feels weird to me because I didn't speak a word until I was three and a half.

It wouldn't surprise me for her to remember something so traumatic. Of the things her adoptive parents confirmed, she had razor-sharp memory for a kid that young.

The Christian thing bugged me at first, but it looks like just a fact of where she grew up. It wasn't the main focus of the rehabilitation and it wasn't implied that it was a major factor in that kind of therapy.

yourusernamee said:

I'm pretty sure there aren't too many people on this forum who were molested by their father when they were 1 year old. Kind of has a huge impact on the whole memory thing you know?

I'm also kind of curious as to what kind of therapy her step brother had to go through. Considering he was molested, stabbed, and had his face bashed against a cement floor by his own step sister in addition to his abusive childhood, I think it's safe to say that would require some pretty extensive therapy as well.

yourusernamee said:

I remember things from when I was a little over 1 year old, and it happens to be an instance of abuse.

It's a little foolish to call bullshit on something like this.