Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

nice pic

These are from Shack News' Fake Doom 3 Screenshot contest here. Some of them are pretty good, some of them are ridiculous (60fps on a Voodoo5 ?), and none of them are really believable.

Heh, they are good pics, the only catch is, while they look good, is they have a Quake 3 feel to them in my opinion, not a doom feel, but regardless they are good.

Bah, the only fake screenshot I liked was this
The others where mostly completely retarded, looked worse than the old Doom games or were simply just Quake (or other games') screenshots with Doom-related or slightly Doom-like content.
If were to pick a winner for this contest, the pic I linked to above would win hands down - don't remember which pic won.

the winner of that fake contest is the first pic that fodders posted.

for me,the cacodemon's look is better than Cyberdemon's look (in dsm's posted pic)

the winner of that fake contest is the first pic that fodders posted.

§¤%££§!
They must be nuts.
1. The picture is blurry
2. It uses an old Doom weapon sprite.
3. No rooms can be seen, meaning no interesting shadowing/lighting effects to be seen

for me,the cacodemon's look is better than Cyberdemon's look (in dsm's posted pic)

Agreed on that, but everything BUT the cyberdemon looks way better than the cacodemon pic imho.
I mean, the cyberdemon pic looks way more spooky and Doom-like to me - wonderful Hellish atmosphere.

The Cacodemon's one is better IMO. True, it has nothing t do with the technology/art design id is aiming for, but after watching them all it's the only one with a consistent design and appealing to the eye. All the others look amateurish.

Ugh, I should've ended mine.

Well, I guess the shitty cyberdemon ruined the pic...

damn, dont tell me you didnt know there was a fake doom3 screenshot contest?

Really, the second fake screenie looks extremely shitty! Ugly textures, clumsy architecture (look at that thin bridge, like in the worst newbie map), bad lighting, ugly colours, the Q3 Doom character with his cartoonish dress, and a really tasteless and stupid looking HUD :p

Really, the second fake screenie looks extremely shitty! Ugly textures, clumsy architecture (look at that thin bridge, like in the worst newbie map), bad lighting, ugly colours, the Q3 Doom character with his cartoonish dress, and a really tasteless and stupid looking HUD :p

I can only agree on that.

Originally posted by dsm
Well, I guess the shitty cyberdemon ruined the pic...

And the shotgun.

The shotgun could've been a lot worse.