Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Pump Action Double Barrel Shotgun Redux

I remember creating a thread long ago about double barrel pump action shotguns (from video games like Turok 2, Chasm: The Rift, Quake 2 maybe even the first one, etc) in the past and if it was possible to create and if they even existed, since I can't bump that thread (goes against Doomnworld rules even my own threads) I decided to create another thread.

Anyway looks like someone did finally made a pump action double barrel shotgun...

Related thread: MANLY LEAD: The world's baddest shotguns.

That being said, that double-barrel pump-action shotgun has no real advantage over a normal one: any "double fire" advantage it may have gets offset by the weight of being two shotguns soldered into one, excessive pumping/cocking power required, and horrible handling. I'd rather have these:

or a normal hunting semiauto.

It's too bad really, the concept is interesting, but once again proving that video game concepts don't necessarily translate to the reality engine very well.

Planky said:

It may be the sound quality, but it sounds really fake

No, it's not fake. I don't think a youtube video could ever do a firearm justice simply because shooting guns irl is loud as hell.

For example, I had the opportunity to shoot one of these yesterday

This video makes it sound like a toy, when it's actually quite deafening.

yellowmadness54 said:

what about the Neostead 2000?

I think those are the tube magazines on top. Still a single-barrel shotgun.

Aw, it would be so damn tacticool if there was a double-barrel mag-fed shotgun that can fire semi-auto on alternating barrels. Flip a switch and fire both barrels at once, but will need to use the pump action afterwards to chamber both rounds in. Ah, I guess it's best left to videogames.

a double-barrel mag-fed shotgun that can fire semi-auto on alternating barrels.

That would kick ass, the fucking "Riot Controller".

Planky said:

It may be the sound quality, but it sounds really fake

It doesn't sound the least bit fake. It sounds like shotguns sound like if I take a vid with my phone.

Well, that's exactly how I would've done it. Weld two single barrel pump actions together using one with a right ejection port and one with a left, make an enlarged buttstock with bolts that will mount to both receivers, and an enlarged forestock that will cover both magazine tubes. Maybe if you're feeling it you could weld a small metal bar between the two triggers so it always fires both barrels. Maybe some day if I get enough money and some shotguns to waste I'll try it, might be fun if impractical. I'd imagine it would kick like a bitch firing both barrels at once, but no more than a regular side by side. To say the least firing both barrels on a 10 gauge side by side eight times in a row gave me a sore shoulder. Fun, but sore, never had a firearm actually lift up my left foot.