Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

How big is your doom folder?

Basically, how big is your WAD folder? Or if you don't have one, how much space do all of your downloaded WADS take up?

For me, I have a wad folder. Right now its currently sitting at about 10 GB and that's after I deleted 6 GB of unwanted wads.

Oh man, back when I was heavier into the game it was 2GB. I even had to seperate it out onto another computer.

As of now after the virus cleaned this rig out, its...

317MB

Mine is 1.33 GB, probably owing to the fact that I recently wiped this computer and haven't downloaded nearly as many wads/random things as I have on my desktop. I think there was also a thread about this more recently that your 2005 one DLD, I wonder what I said then

Hard to say, since I've got directories scattered all over different filesystems and disks, plus backups, etc. The largest single dir is 4.9G (mirror of /idgames/levels from Dec 2010).

Only 259.8 MB, I mainly play Doom on my iBook G4, with PrBoom, so I mainly play mods that don't use the special features that take advantage of zDoom's capabilities.

695.MB

I've only got a handful of wads, although most are megawads mind you.

i dunno. I've got wads sitting in various folders. Mainly just classic megawads and a few deathmatch wads.

my doom folder went through a massive cleanup on saturday, so it's just 2.7GB now. when i get sloppy and don't touch anything, it can go over 10GB easily, mainly because i'm autodemoing in zdaemon and skulltag.

1.38Gb, but then I regularly clean out stuff I know I'm not going to use again.

C:/DOOM + C:/DOOM2 is about 14 gigabytes, but I've got stuff in other places too, including local copies of wad and demo archives, etc.

DoomHero85 said:

Wasn't there a thread like this a while ago? Btw, mine's about 15 gigs.

Yea, there were two other topics with the same idea mentioned here.

DoomHero85 said:

Wasn't there a thread like this a while ago? Btw, mine's about 15 gigs.

15 GIGS!?

Jeez thats alot of doom, heh.
How do you even manage to find that much?

yellowmadness54 said:

15 GIGS!?

Jeez thats alot of doom, heh.
How do you even manage to find that much?

The OP's folder was 16 gigs at one point. It's probably not hard to find all that anyway.

Speaking of which, how big is /idgames total?

Sodaholic said:

The OP's folder was 16 gigs at one point. It's probably not hard to find all that anyway.

Wow, thats a pretty interesting topic.

Counting unzipped WADs and source ports, 2.4GB. A few dozen more GB if you count old ports, music and zipped WADs (including a mirror of idgames) I've archived to DVD...

Sodaholic said:

7.4G as of Dec. 2010. But that doesn't include the /idgames/idstuff directory (which has a bunch of non-Doom stuff, so I didn't mirror it).

There's also an /idgames2 for Quake engine stuff, but I don't know how big that one is...