Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Redneckery At It's Most Refined

Well, this little tidbit of Southern charm has finally made it's way to Canadian eyes.

Dear lord... anymore perverse redneck drunk-fests you can tell me.

EDIT: Apparently this festival popped up around the time when cockfighting was finally banned illegal in Indiana.

darkreaver said:

What the fuck is he doing with it?

Well, a man is supposed to run to a washtub, grab a snapping turtle, hang it by it's flimsy tail, run, and then put his fingers at risk by grabbing the turtle by the head and pull until enough neck is exposed to wrap your fist around. All of this is timed of course.

Also, these turtles are deep-fried (goes without saying) and eaten. A side-dish of cheap beer and Bibles is often served. Traditionally, incest is followed in the parking lot.

Come back after a while and people killing turtles is what I see first. I thought he was trying to tear the snapper in half.

It really looks like that. I see the sense of challenge, but I just can't see treating turtles like that. If there's any animal that did nothing to you it's probably a turtle.

Meh - I wonder how many generations of inbreeding is required to produce the participants for events like that?

Here is a redneck rambling from a hillbilly Youtube user that I found hilarious.

MsCherribomb1 said:

Respond to this video... OKAY!!! First of all !! no turtles are killed or harmed at Snapper Fest!! They are NEVER punched or kicked.... so whomever posted this video is lying!! This is a HUGE Annual Event in INDIANA & everything we do is legal here... No turtle heads are ripped off!! OMG!! get your facts straight if ya'll want to protest something!!

There was a jaw-dropping, face-palming comment made by her (that she sadly deleted) where she admitted to not understanding the outrage towards the festival because they weren't abusing humans, and also missed the morality issue entirely by stating the event is not wrong because it's not illegal in her state.

I wish she didn't delete those comments. They are dementedly hysterical at how... white trash they were.

Clonehunter said:

I thought he was trying to tear the snapper in half.

me too

Somebody oughtta pull on their necks and see how they like it (possibly while burning them).

Mr. Chris said:

I hope folks end up losing fingers because of this.

Christ, I would un-regrettably laugh for hours if someone lost a hand in that video, or just at all.

I'm not some animal-rights hippie dickwad, but holy fuck I wish that somebody gets maimed at events like these.

Am I reading correctly? People are bringing up religion in this? Wtf?

Anyway, I hate to call myself a hillbilly now...

I was very disappointed when I realized I misread the title and that this was not a video for "Slapperfest 2011".
Coopersville 1 sec ago

Also the obligatory I Like Turtles.

Coopersville said:

I was very disappointed when I realized I misread the title and that this was not a video for "Slapperfest 2011".

Only a hillbilly would have a festival called Snapperfest and totally build it around turtles instead of pussy.

Technician said:

Only a hillbilly would have a festival called Snapperfest and totally build it around turtles instead of pussy.

Yes, yes we would.

Technician said:

This. Also, after vaginas my second thought is delicious rockfish. Turtles are a distant third.