Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX 2.0 Released

A new version of Doom64 EX has been released. There are too many changes and updates to list since 1.4, but the biggest ones are the new audio system, more game behavior tweaks, and enhanced features. To download or read more about it, head over to the new website.

exp(x) said:

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what is the status of Linux support?

Slowly being worked on. Unfortuently I still don't have Linux installed yet but I am having some contributors helping me out with it.

Seems to be working very nicely. Thanks.

Any chance of more screen resolutions being supported at some point? It'd be nice to be able to run it in the native resolution for my monitor (1920x1200).

Kaiser said:

Slowly being worked on. Unfortuently I still don't have Linux installed yet but I am having some contributors helping me out with it.

It worked for me within Wine without any issues whatsoever. I have v1.3.22 installed.

Enjay said:
It'd be nice to be able to run it in the native resolution for my monitor (1920x1200).

I'm running it at my res of 1680x1050 by editing the config file.

DeumReaper said:

editing the config file.

Now why didn't I try that? Worked like a charm. Thanks. :)

Enjay said:

Now why didn't I try that? Worked like a charm. Thanks. :)

You can also change those cvars through the console:

v_width 1680
v_height 1050

Mechadon said:

Looking forward to the improved editing tools!

^
Wouldn't kill for a usable db2 config, but I'm definitely in the maiming area.

It crashed when I accidentally tried to unbind a non-bindable function.

Also Main Engineering music behavior is rather unusual compared to older versions, emulation and mp3.

Da Werecat said:

Also Main Engineering music behavior is rather unusual compared to older versions, emulation and mp3.

This is something that I am still debating on whatever if this is correct or not. In the original game, there is a bug where some notes are failing to play and stop. The midi data were gathered note by note for Doom64ex so everything should be correct. So basically you MAY be hearing what the music originally intended to sound like.

first of all, awesome work.

slight issue, however. I leave an xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer all the time, but I use mouse and keyboard for Doom (of course). an option in-game to disable the controller would be nice, as with the controller detected I can't bind keyboard controls or set mouse sensitivity.

been using the config file to do these things instead. question about that: how can I bind the mouse wheel this way?

Probably not a good permanent solution but you can disable the xbox controller with the -noxinput parameter.

Found a very minor bug. Select the plasma rifle, then press next/previous weapon twice or more. The plasma buzzing sound keeps playing.

And a minor nitpick. In dark entries, the room with the homing rockets. On the N64 console, you could hide in the corner of the room and the rockets wouldn't reach you, but in this port, the missiles can reach you while hiding in the corner.

Other than that, this is an awesome job.

redhead said:

MSWCR71dll was not found - that's the message I got when tried to launch it .

Do a google search for the .dll file and put it in the Doom64EX folder.

What's the Hardcore difficulty setting I heard about? How do I unlock that?

Also, beating Hectic unlocks what cheats?

Beating Hectic the hard way (triggering special 253, specifically, unless I'm mistaken) opens up the Features menu, which gives you this:

http://i.imgur.com/uMoPe.jpg

Most of the functionality is available through cheats or the console now anyway, but it's still a nifty little thing.

I think the Hardcore skill setting is unlocked by beating Hectic as well, but I could be wrong. I know I've been playing around in Hardcore for a long time in the current version, before having made a full run of the game or anything, though finishing Hectic was the first thing I did. It seems basically equivalent to Doom's Nightmare! mode, with faster and respawning monsters, though there might be more to it.

Actually in Hardcore mode everything respawns, including items. This also includes spawned monsters. But more or less it's exactly like Nightmare mode.