Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flopsy the Bunny

This is good - BUT

I'd really like to see some simple directions on WHAT TO DO, after installing FREEDOOM on the Ubuntu system, AND how to get all my doom games on XP - running in Ubuntu Linux.

I think this is where much of this whole show falls down - is because there is no HOW TOO, with the Freedoom download, either on the FREEDOOM website, in the Ubuntu Software Installer, or in the Synaptic Package Manager

Ahh actually - It now DOES run straight off the install.

Very good.

Still some directions on getting the community wads running (if) possible - are necessary.

I am pretty good with SOME audio / video / and graphics.

I'll give you a hand.

Regards Flopsy.

Well, to run pwads, what you can do is go into the terminal and type "prboom -file /path/to/wad/pwad.wad" then hit enter (replace prboom with whatever the name of your Doom engine is).

Another thing you can do is associate .wad and .WAD files with your engine. Go look up how to do it on Ubuntu. If your engine isn't in the list of installed programs, you'll have to click "use custom command" or something like that, then type "[enginename] -file" in the text field. That way you can just double click on a .wad file and it will automatically start. Very convenient.

BondEar said:

Well, to run pwads, what you can do is go into the terminal and type "prboom -file /path/to/wad/pwad.wad" then hit enter (replace prboom with whatever the name of your Doom engine is).

On Debian/Ubuntu, you can just run "doom", (or "boom" if you need boom features).

What is missing is a packaged GUI launcher.

BondEar said:
Another thing you can do is associate .wad and .WAD files with your engine. Go look up how to do it on Ubuntu. If your engine isn't in the list of installed programs, you'll have to click "use custom command" or something like that, then type "[enginename] -file" in the text field. That way you can just double click on a .wad file and it will automatically start. Very convenient. [/B]

Neat trick!