Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuri04

girls who play doom

yourxheartxache said:

yes i am infact a chick who enjoys all the DOOM games. Ive beaten DOOM and DOOM II and im currently working on DOOM3. Yes i also know there are pc games like Evilution and The Plutonia Experiement. i would love to get these games, but my computer probably couldnt handle it

If it can handle the first two IWADs and Doom 3, something tells me Evilution and Plutonia are a safe bet for your computer.

My girlfriend is a more prominent and skilled Doom player and mapper than I am, by far.
She's often on Zdaemon or Skulltag and has loved it since she was a kid.

Leo Sosnine said:

Well, my mom plays DOOM2 on a regular basis. She always plays on UV and rarely has health lower than 150%. Years of practice.

Coolest mom ever.

I've met a handful of females who play Doom; they're a rare bunch. I can only think of one that was REALLY into it, and she was just a stranger on an airplane who I had a brief conversation with. Haven't met any women who are into it as I am.

I know a few girls who play video games fairly often, but none who play Doom. The one that I would actually call a "gamer" has been hooked on WoW for quite a while now. However, she's not one of those people who think WoW is like the first game of its kind or whatever. She used to play a lot of Diablo.

She's had issues with immature guys on WoW being dickheads. It sucks that that happens, because it ruin's all the respectable nerds' sense of pride when they find girls playing games with them :P

duncan said:

My girlfriend is a more prominent and skilled Doom player and mapper than I am, by far.
She's often on Zdaemon or Skulltag and has loved it since she was a kid.

HENPECK'D!

yourxheartxache said:

yes i am infact a chick who enjoys all the DOOM games. Ive beaten DOOM and DOOM II and im currently working on DOOM3. Yes i also know there are pc games like Evilution and The Plutonia Experiement. i would love to get these games, but my computer probably couldnt handle it

Wait, your PC can handle Doom 3, but can't handle Final Doom, which was made much earlier and is basically Doom II? You might want to think that over :P

She never said she played Doom 3 on her computer. I had only played the Xbox version up until a couple of years ago, because none of my computers had a GPU that would run Doom 3. From the sounds of her post, she might have not even played Doom or Doom 2 on a real computer yet, either.

I've played multiplayer Doom with a female roommate, one of my favorite WADs was made by a woman, the author of a bunch of legendary Doom fan fiction is a chick, BahdKo could probably kick the ass of most male Doom deathmatch players... and so on.

Female Doom fans might be a minority, but I do hope no one honestly believes in the silly "girls don't play Doom" myth anymore. Plus video gaming at large is an area of life which has been slowly extinguishing its traditionally male-dominated hierarchy and mindset. Which is pretty cool, as it allows people to ignore limiting and stereotypical gender roles more easily and just enjoy games they find interesting.

Mithran Denizen said:

She never said she played Doom 3 on her computer. I had only played the Xbox version up until a couple of years ago, because none of my computers had a GPU that would run Doom 3. From the sounds of her post, she might have not even played Doom or Doom 2 on a real computer yet, either.

How old does her his computer have to be not to be able to run games like, and I quote, "Evilution and The Plutonia Experiement"?

DoomUK said:

How old does her his computer have to be not to be able to run games like, and I quote, "Evilution and The Plutonia Experiement"?

I think perhaps he/she was suggesting that his/her computer couldn't possibly handle so much awesome all at once... or the HD was running out of space?

Janizdreg said:

one of my favorite WADs was made by a woman.

No offense,but that wad is pretty stupid.First off,the hellknights at the start are a pain,and they'll hit you at least once.
Also,once I got the red key I entered a room with 3 health.It's full of hitscanners,it has 2 arachnotrons in the distance and a lot of imps.There are exactly 2 stimpacks which are very near to the arachnotron "cages".So yea,not sure what kind of doomgod you are,but for me it's unplayable from that point on.
Though I have to admit,the level of detail is awesome for an 1997 wad.

My girlfriend bride disagrees. Cell said.

Sodaholic said:

Women are stupid deceitful whores. Nuff said.

I see somebodies not been getting any.

Phobus said:

I see somebodies not been getting any.

I'm not gonna lie, you're absolutely right. My peers are making fun of me for it, and I'm getting pissed.

Nonetheless, I really shouldn't be venting about it on a forum, ignore me.

Ahh... being a teenager. Can't say I miss it! Rather than (just) taking the piss, here's a little bit of a advice: Remember that they're probably not getting any either and that hating all women isn't the ideal method of getting to know one well enough to have sex with her. It's also worth not objectifying women as just something to have sex and indeed not valuing sex too highly.

This reminds me of my weebo friend. I introduced him to Doom and TF2. Amazingly, when he thought he heard a women's voice over a microphone. He awkwardly shouted "ARE YOU A GIRL?" as if he never felt the touch of one before. (A weebo who's age is 20.)

And then observed him being awkward and alienating her for the next 30 minutes as if he was really trying to score, but watched all the wrong shows to learn how to score. Sometimes, I think there's not enough women who plays games, but thanks to my weebo friend of whom I'm about to ditch... The internet has got good reason to keep it's sex's concealed and why women do not show themselves as often.

magicsofa said:

I wear dresses on occasion. Does that count?

If you are indeed a he-she. hyuck hyuck hyuck!

Sodaholic said:

I'm not gonna lie, you're absolutely right. My peers are making fun of me for it, and I'm getting pissed.

find yourself a nice cat lady and score some tail

iykwim

lol, it must be intel 80286, cuz 80386 with 4 MB (not GB, guyz) of memory can run doom

DoomUK said:

I wasn't disputing that anyone's computer would be able to play Final Doom, only pointing out that the statement seemed to be of the ignorant sort coming from a console gamer who probably had no clue what Evilution or Plutonia even were, much less how old they are, or what sort of system they'll run on.

Fuck talking video games, in general, to girls. It just doesn't happen where I'm at. All the interesting girls, in my area of course, are into anything but video games.

EDIT: Fuck, I should have been more specific. Post fixed above.

magicsofa said:

I wear dresses on occasion. Does that count?

If that's true, then you a shemale lol. If one day I wear a qipao or female Hanfu and go to street, I will chop my head off.

J-selva said:

All the interesting girls are into anything but video games.

Chinese girls like to chat on QQ, some of them even like to play Dynasty Warriors. As for doom, never heard of it.

I've been holding off of a serious answer to this thread for a while, because it'd have been "nope".

However, I've remembered that one girl I know did indeed used to play Doom. She quite likes her retro gaming today as well, so I'd not rule out Doom for a second showing one day. I think I found this out when I mentioned my mapping for it as a hobby, assuming she'd never heard of the game and I'd have a little brief explanation to do. Turns out she was intruiged enough to go check out my site and all that, so there we are.

Whilst a girl liking and remembering Doom in itself isn't exactly a shock, she's also a Born Again Christian who has a money-earning hobby as a Christiam Acoustic singer/songwriter. Saying that, she also nearly took me to a strip club before, so there's some sort of saying involving books that's applicable here.